mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:05 am 

In the Shed has summarised it .. we can easy agree that a lot of Men,Women & Children died in WW2 to ensure that we have Free Speech.. today their sacrifice is fully respected by most,however not by all & that is a real problem because those morons use their given right to drown out Free Speech.. also supported by an easy led must do good underfunded Police & bias media who are just adjusting the true facts to ensure their money rolls in.
Sorry rant over, i should be in the garage but it bloody cold out there!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:13 am 

Polarsilver wrote:
In the Shed has summarised it .. we can easy agree that a lot of Men,Women & Children died in WW2 to ensure that we have Free Speech.. today their sacrifice is fully respected by most,however not by all & that is a real problem because those morons use their given right to drown out Free Speech.. also supported by an easy led must do good underfunded Police & bias media who are just adjusting the true facts to ensure their money rolls in.
Sorry rant over, i should be in the garage but it bloody cold out there!

Agree with you Norman although not entirely with In the Shed.

I seriously worry about what sort of country (and probably world) we are going to be living in in twenty or so years time with all this PC and equality bullshit spiralling out of control.

Yes, it is too bloody cold to go out into the garage as well :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:33 am 

So surely the next step is to close down the modeling industry and ban any women/girl from having a career as a model? (are we still allowed to say 'girls' under these PC rules?). Perhaps the Grid Girls could be reinstated into their jobs if they wear burkas to satisfy the PC brigade now running F1..... :roll:

F1 grid girl speaks: 'Not one of us think it’s sexist, exploitative or demeaning'
Autoweek spoke to British grid girl Samantha Young to get the feelings of someone now down on a job for the year.
Young is no newcomer to the industry and has spent a number of years working with various championships, including the British Touring Car Championship, British GT Championship and Formula 1:-
"Grid girls are part of the tradition, and for those of us who are not mechanics, engineers or truckies, etc., it’s a way to be involved in the sport -- a sport which I love and I’ve been around since I was 7 years old. Someone I knew owned a race team, so I grew up at race circuits. My school holidays were spent at Spa, Dijon, Estoril, etc. Whilst all my school friends were off on all-inclusive holidays, I was polishing race cars. I didn’t want to be a mechanic or engineer, so choosing to be a grid girl gives me a way to stay involved in motorsport -- just as much a part of the team without having to retrain into a different career. All I’m asking is don’t remove my ability to choose!"
http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one ... z568KYrOXc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:44 am 

I often wonder how some of these snowflakes who spout all this PC correct sheer horse sh..........., er....., manure would manage if they were suddenly plunged into the REAL world that 90% of the rest of us work in. What about on a workshop floor where the say-it-like-it-is kind of people inhabit. They need to get out a bit more.

I heard a PC female trying hard to sort-of, in a snidy way, belittle a hard working bloke over the failure of seals and bearings after a week of hard use. He looked up and around to her and her little entourage and said, straight to her face, without mincing words with a fed-up dead-pan look on his face '.......if I can't keep the sand out of my arse, my ears, my eyes and under my fxxxxxx fingernails, what chance do these oil seals stand.......' She got the short sharp message

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:45 pm 

Peter Laidler wrote:

'.......if I can't keep the sand out of my arse, my ears, my eyes and under my fxxxxxx fingernails, what chance do these oil seals stand.......' She got the short sharp message

Gold dust ! :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:42 pm 

Everyone should be entitled to utilise their talents in whatever way makes them happy, be it brains, brawn, beauty or any combination of these attributes. Life would be extremely dull without attraction, art, landscapes, design, human form. Perhaps the extreme do gooders would be happier living under a strict regime such as China, but even then they would find plenty to moan about. Grid girls are in no way being exploited, they are exercising their right to use their talents in a way that they are happy to, and there is nothing wrong with finding them attractive, it's human nature. I'm off to watch some Sweeney episodes, that was how it used to be and it was better for it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:27 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: Mybe this is the FAKE news the world is talking about.

:arrow: Kees. :P

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:34 pm 

Maybe once Trump gets common sense back on the front burner over here he can run for PM over there. Now that would be a proper good time for all. Steve (CTR)

Edit: to capitalize ( Trump ) due respect.

Last edited by CooperTune on Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:35 pm 

mab01uk wrote:
(are we still allowed to say 'girls' under these PC rules?).

Grid Persons.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:24 pm 

Should we ban any situation where 'sex sells'? What unemployment would that generate?
No more pretty girls on trade stands, etc

This is becoming ridiculous. Public opinion, or the media's expression of it, is becoming more powerful than the instruments of Government .

Last edited by davidscothorn on Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next