mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 5:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:07 pm 

Have a listen to Ringo's drumming on bits of Revolver and Rain (B-side of paperback Writer).... it's not easy to replicate!

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper S
1994 Jap Mini 1275 Auto 'project 70s backdate'

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:51 pm 

WMU 211G wrote:
Have a listen to Ringo's drumming on bits of Revolver and Rain (B-side of paperback Writer).... it's not easy to replicate!

if i was drumming it wouldn't be easy to replicate it either.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:25 pm 

rich@minispares.com wrote:
WMU 211G wrote:

if i was drumming it wouldn't be easy to replicate it either.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I get a few pints at the Corner Inn on a Friday night I'm sure some of my songs would be hard to replicate :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:33 pm 

irlmin wrote:
The one I can never understand is why John Surtees was never knighted , the unique and probably never to be repeated world championships wins on 2 and 4 wheels as well as the charity work John was known for should have meant recognition , I am aware of campaigns to have a Knighthood awarded posthumously and this is ongoing , but I feel if there was ever a deserving person it was John .I am aware he received an OBE in 2016 but amazed it was not the knighthood . If I lived in UK I would write a 'strongly worded ' letter :D :roll:
G

G, on a serious note I agree with you 100% why John never was Knighted is beyond me. Over here in Ulster the road racing people loved John. My friend Graham was very friendly with John and he often did stay with Graham when he was over. I often spoke with John, what a gentleman. I think I've posted photographs of Graham and John on this forum :D :D :D

Alan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:34 am 
Site Admin

irlmin wrote:
The one I can never understand is why John Surtees was never knighted , the unique and probably never to be repeated world championships wins on 2 and 4 wheels as well as the charity work John was known for should have meant recognition , I am aware of campaigns to have a Knighthood awarded posthumously and this is ongoing , but I feel if there was ever a deserving person it was John .I am aware he received an OBE in 2016 but amazed it was not the knighthood . If I lived in UK I would write a 'strongly worded ' letter :D :roll:
G

COULDN'T AGREE MORE!

A genuinely worthy recipient, who was no doubt overlooked as he was not a huge self publicist.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:06 am 

Agree John Surtees was the very best & a humble man .. so much so that i dont think he ever wanted to be Sir John even if it was offered..lets face it the John Surtees name lives on without any title.
I do love the story where JS had a go at Enzo Ferrari.
I did like that TV program by Paul Hollywood with John Surtees... Hollywood showed big respect to JS.

I wonder what happens to Johns bikes & cars now he is gone.. they will get a big premium price if they come up for sale

Gongs & Titles should only go to Heros & any section of society person who shine with humility in whatever their field especially those who help others or put something back .. yes vote for Mk1 he deserves an MBE.