mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Problems concerning reclaimed registrations. What should be done?
1. The government (i.e. DVLA) should tighten up the system. It has been too lax for too long. 17%  17%  [ 18 ]
2. Any change to the system should be applied retrospectively. 8%  8%  [ 8 ]
3. The involvement of cars clubs vetting applications needs to be substantially tightened up. 15%  15%  [ 16 ]
4. The vehicle and supporting evidence should be physically inspected at the time an application to reclaim a registration number is first made. 15%  15%  [ 16 ]
5. Major parts should be officially die-stamped before any restoration work begins. 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
6. A vehicle should once again be physically inspected when it is ready to be MOT’d. 9%  9%  [ 9 ]
7. A substantial fee (£100 or more) should be paid for any inspection. 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
8. A better system be put in place to report to the DVLA dubious reclaimed registrations. 14%  14%  [ 15 ]
9. A recorded chassis or VIN number should show that a re-shell has taken place. 12%  12%  [ 13 ]
10. Who cares, it doesn’t concern a vehicle I own. Leave the system exactly as it is. (No need to answer any of the other 9 questions.) 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 105
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:01 pm 

Graham, thanks for this thread and the subsequent poll. What the poll tells me very clearly is on the whole the Mk1 forum cares little for red and white Minis full stop. In fairness there were some good comments. The thing that amazes me is why the likes of Guy Smith or Robert Young did not get involved. Their silence articulates much about their mindset I regret to say. :( :(

Edit:- the simple reason being it is not nice living a lie :( :(

Alan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:07 am 

They probably didn't comment on specifics because this thead was about the general consensus on all cars, not one particular type 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:37 am 

And like the remaining 99.9% of the mini owning population of the world and 25 out of the total population of this forum they've probably had a gut full of the you-just-can't-win-regardless situation most of the owners find themselves in! Just my pragmatic view of course.......

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:03 pm 

this website is still in use https://www.mycarcheck.com/
good to check reg transfer etc..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:53 pm 

adam wrote:
this website is still in use https://www.mycarcheck.com/
good to check reg transfer etc..

Adam, welcome to the Mk1 Forum and thanks for posting that link which is a really useful tool for checking out vehicle detail :D

Alan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:54 pm 

the cazana site is better though 8-)

'long beard boss'

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10