mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:33 pm 

yorkspv wrote:
Hi chaps, I was interested if anyone had more info on the blue mk2 with gold wheels reg MOC 623F, was goin really well and was keeping some interesting machine really quite honest. Thanks in advance

Yep it'd be interesting to know the engine spec on that one, very quick car!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:41 pm 

Pete wrote:
yorkspv wrote:
Hi chaps, I was interested if anyone had more info on the blue mk2 with gold wheels reg MOC 623F, was goin really well and was keeping some interesting machine really quite honest. Thanks in advance

Yep it'd be interesting to know the engine spec on that one, very quick car!

Was it not a 7 port on amals? Seen a photo of such but never saw it with the bonnet up in person.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:34 pm 

I was surprised to see a blue roundnose in my mirror that couldn't shake off so afterwards found the owner/driver in the paddock and was delighted after chat with him to discover it was a Steve Baker (Chosen Engineering son of Bill Baker) built engine, 7 port on 4 Amals. plate diff all set up by Steve who now is the principle engine builder for Ian Litchfield race cars

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:36 am 

yorkspv wrote:

Not the first time at Blyton. If you cast your minds back to 2016 this is the car that lifted its front inside wheel at the entry/exit corner, had the exhaust come adrift and the carb linkage broke.

The car has had a bit of work done since then

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:49 am 
Site Admin

It was a lovely & very fast car indeed. First year it cam it dumped it's oil if I remember rightly. It ran flawlessly this year though.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:52 am 

it looked like he had listed to advice given on here and run a set of dunlops across the suspension!

it certainly handled a lot better for sure

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:46 pm 

From a quick look it doesn’t look like it’s had a whole lot a weight saving, which makes it stand out even more for me, considering the lightweight stuff on track. Also it seemed to have quite a lot of track time. Sorry I’ll stop harping on about it now. Thanks for the info

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:26 pm 

My track time was cut short with low oil pressure.......a big end destroyed it's self, luckily the cranks ok and will polish, and the bores rehoned and a new oil pump.
Going to fit an oil cooler and a mechanical temp gauge as the electric one must have been lying to me!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:28 pm 

This is my baby !! Bought it as a box standard 850 in aprox 1993/94 , restored shell in 2000 and steve baker of chosen engineering built the race tuned 1380 bottom end and modified the AKM 7 port head imported from Denmark producing aprox 130 bhp and very driveable .
Blyton 2016
had quite a few issues , oil cooler pipe blew off ,the bloody exhaust fell of for some strange reason, snapped a couple of carb linkage cables , bought a pair of up rated front cones which on the n/s i had not located it properly which caused the wheel to lift of the ground and just to top if all off i also had two new tyres to do the event and one of these turn out to be dodgey and mad the car pull hard to left all the time . so this year it was a joy to get out and have some fun and only lifting the bonnet to cheak fluid levels . Had a fantastic time and hope to do it all again next year. Thankyou for the interest . Nick

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:54 pm 

Going to fit an oil cooler and a mechanical temp gauge as the electric one must have been lying to me![/quote]
Nick, lovely car that but if you remember what I said to you on Sunday that happened to me once with a dodgy oil pressure gauge..
Blew the oil cooler up like a balloon and burst it.
Gypsies warning to everybody I think

Make sure you get it ready for Harewood ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next