mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:24 pm 

billycooper wrote:
It’s amazing what you see on the motorway sometimes !!

Alright Adam !!

Attachment:
0DA67DED-731F-4E96-AC95-FF55121F3893.jpeg

When I saw them set off home I thought surely they won’t take the motorway....

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:30 pm 

thanks for a good day hope we didnt slow any one up our first track day in a mini first real test for rebuilt engine we will be back for more :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:34 pm 

steve1071 wrote:
billycooper wrote:
It’s amazing what you see on the motorway sometimes !!

Alright Adam !!

Attachment:
0DA67DED-731F-4E96-AC95-FF55121F3893.jpeg

When I saw them set off home I thought surely they won’t take the motorway....

They seemed to be loving every minute! , well in the 4 minutes I followed them they did Steve !!!!!

Mini Historic Rally DJJ266H

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:27 am 

Fantastic day, great to catch up with friends old and new. Sunburn is starting to ease :roll:

Gordon and Lisa

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:41 am 

Matthijs67 wrote:
Fantastic day!! We really enyoyd ourselves!

Many thanks to Pete, Mark and all the volunteers!

Please see our pictures in this FB album https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 7c313563ac

Matthijs

Many thanks en dank je wel voor de mooie foto's.

Kees.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:05 am 

Another excellent event, with a great charity cause as well
Good to see every one.
Prof

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:36 am 
Site Admin

Thank you to everyone who turned up, either on track or not, it is your attendance & generosity that makes Blyton such a special event.

I reckon that although it looked like attenders in Minis were down a bit on previous years, attendance by people was up a little, not too much though (thankfully). We also had the largest donation total on the day that we have ever had!

There was a fantastic selection of cars attending from very early, through to state of the art, but still faithful to the MK1 Performance ethos!

Pete's interview with John Fitzpatrick was as excellent as ever & thanks to Stu, this will soon be available to download for anyone who didn't attend.

The weather, well, what can I say. Why didn't we think about booking weather like that for the previous 4 years!

I hope that the folks who did suffer some mechanical difficulty get their woes sorted painlessly. I can sympathise as my Hoosley is certainly starting to show its age a little.

Finally, I would like to say a big thank you to Jeff who very public spiritedly handled gate duties almost single handedly, our wonderful guests of honour John Fitzpatrick, Anita Taylor & Jumpin' Jeff & last but not least Javelin who ran another flawless on track day & Blyton who provide such a wonderful venue.

So that's about it for another year, I look forward to seeing peoples photos, as as usual, I didn't take any at all.

Thanks again for your wonderful support.

Mark F.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:19 pm 

Those Mokes are a blast, many many thanks to Bill for loaning me his as my paddock shuttle / mobility scooter for the day which to be fair I couldn't have done without! :oops:

So how was AD5? Well it started pretty badly for me as last week my back went. happens a couple of times a year and takes me out of action for a week, usually less, each time. So I didn't manage to bring a car which was a real shame as I wanted to bring something interesting. I'd also arranged to go to Donington on the Saturday as I've missed it for years and it looked really good this year (and it was!!). My son George lead me around Doni as I couldn't fekin walk straight. The cheeky tw*t even asked me to take my shades off cos I looked like a blind man. Fekin kids eh?? :lol: :lol: :lol: Brill event though and great to meet a few racing legends on the day! (one who I am deffo gonna try and get for next year at Blyton)

Anyhow got to Blyton OK, arranged to meet John Fitzpatrick and set a time to start the evening talk. Joined in the eveing meal aswell at Blyton (god, that curry was horrid!! :lol: ) and was surprised that there weren't more camping out considering we'd got the best weather ever! Fitzy's talk went really well, didn't take much though cos he's done so much in his career!!Lots of fond memories of Broadspeed were shared. Thanks to all that came to the talk, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did, and Fitz did himself to be fair. Apologies for swigging down my 'refreshments' during the talk, it did ease my discomfort!! ;) ;) :lol: . Big thanks also to Fitz's Broadspeed team mate Anita Taylor and to our regular guest Jeff Williamson for coming to Blyton once again. Whizzo wasn't really fit and well enough to travel.

Saturday night banter was good and I'm sure Mark woke up a little fuzzy! :lol:

The Sunday went great, I really enjoyed buzzing about in Bill's Moke, even did a spot of karaoke in it! I didn't see much track action but understand despite a few mechanical incidents that all went well? The trade area was super busy this year, so thanks to all for supporting that. Jezzer's Maximum Mini area was busy enough, and thanks very much for hosting that Jeroen!! Lots of nice Minis came along on the day and the track cars impressed once again, some of the lads are getting really good out there on track and the level of prep on some of these cars puts many a racer to shame!

The awards were given to some really deserving recipients.:

Best Mini - Mini Clubman PRG 899J owned by Malcolm Milne. Great looking little car!

Best Track Car - Nick Wardley's 'ONP 3' . Great car built from a bare shell in record time and beautifully prepared by Nick.

Maxiumum Mini Award - The best derivative award was won by Bill Bell's prototype Moke, against some stiff opposition. What a super rare fun car!

Spirit Of The Day - Slight twist this year as we normally award it to the driver that overcame adversity, (scaffold poles through the screen, wheels falling off, things like that! :lol: ) but this year went to a budding young driver that drove with great spirit, and that was a young Nick Murphy!

Car Of The Day - Count Frank von Hubbard's Contessa took the spoils here, great car and great job Frank!

Lots of other really nice cars on the day but what makes this event special is the people, no crooks, no bitching, no politics and lots of fun and enthusiasm. Lots of stories to tell of the day but if you were there you'll know most of 'em anyway! Needless to say I really enjoyed it and from reading this thread you all did to! Big thanks to Mark of course and our marshals Jeff and Anne who did us proud.

Roll on AD6! 8-)

Pics of the winners :

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:25 pm 

Well, what can I say? This was my first trip to Blyton and by all accounts I picked the best one yet to attend. What a friendly bunch of people, fantastic track action (thanks to the guy in the early Mk1 1071 who's name I forget - maybe Lee - for a couple of great tussles), brilliant weather and lots of great memories. Completely unexpected was that my little aqua Clubman came away with a trophy for being the mini that the organisers most wished to take home. Give the collection of gorgeous minis there, that left me quite overwhelmed. Thanks to everyone involved in making it such a great weekend that was well worth the long drive down from Aberdeenshire. Unfortunately my pal's day was cut short with clutch woes in his hillclimb Cooper S, but it looks like an easy fix and he still enjoyed his day.

Roll 2019!

Just seen Pete's post above mentioning the prizewinners and requesting my name: Malcolm Milne.

Last edited by mgcm1598 on Tue May 08, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:29 pm 

And the winners are

Spirit Of The Day - Slight twist this year as we normally award it to the driver that overcame adversity, (scaffold poles through the screen, wheels falling off, things like that! ) but this year went to a budding young driver that drove with great spirit, and that was a young Nick Murphy!

Car Of The Day - Count Frank von Hubbard's Contessa took the spoils here, great car and great job Frank!

Best Track Car - Nick Wardley's 'ONP 3' . Great car built from a bare shell in record time and beautifully prepared by Nick.

Maxiumum Mini Award - The best derivative award was won by Bill Bell's prototype Moke, against some stiff opposition. What a super rare fun car!

Best Mini - Mini Clubman PRG 899J owned by Malcolm Milne. Great looking little car!

Last edited by surfblue63 on Wed May 09, 2018 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next