mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:31 am 

spoon.450 wrote:
Pete wrote:
spoon.450 wrote:
Booked......2 places, myself and Paul Bates......the pressure's on Paul's timescale now :D :D

You love it so much Dave you're name's down on the entry list twice!! :?: :?: :lol:

Mmmm....confusing. I booked and paid for three places ( which is confirmed on my Javlin account ), myself, Paul and mate Gaz Howe, but my name, and Paul's are listed twice ?? I'll call Javlin to see if there's a mistake.

Just spoken to Javlin........admin error at their end unfortunately, so no spare places as yet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 pm 

Really looking forward to it again this year!

Cracking event.

Shame it got filled so quickly. Feel a bit bad getting a spot when it seems a lot of you missed out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:00 pm 

that's a big picture for such a small car! :lol:

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:03 pm 

Just wanted to clear a few things up about some of the things being said on the MCRs Facebook page that I have just seen. I did just try to comment about this on there but for some reason my ability to comment has been disabled (anyone else got the same problem??).

It looks like quite a few comments have been deleted so not sure what went on but there are comments on there from people implying they were not welcome at our Blyton Park Action Days, or didn't feel welcome. I can catagorically say that we have NEVER made anybody unwelcome at Blyton for any reason but by the same token do not apologise for the theme being a classic car event, ie classic Minis and derivatives. It's just our thing! We don't exclude BMW MINIS and never have but we want to maintain it as a classic car event so don't want modern era cars on track. We're not exclusive in that respect, lots of classic car shows and motorsport events are exactly the same. I'm sure there are lots of other events to take modern MINIS on track if people want to.

That being said the MCR are perfectly within their rights to organise a track event and if they choose Blyton then so be it, if it's in reasonably close proximity in the calender to ours then whilst not ideal it's the club's perogative. At the end of the day if you make a success of an idea then people are bound to want to emulate it, such is life, (sh)it happens! I hope it won't and doubt it will affect our attendance or charity take (or the chances of a 2nd day) but either way it is what it is!

I do want to make it very clear that I have bent over backwards to get an MCR gathering/display at Blyton since the very first one , pretty much without success other than Niall's first one. I'd also say that the MCR have very kindly carried ads for our event in Cooperworld in years past which we're very grateful for, and MCR members do attend and support our event every year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:09 pm 

I dont go on face book but find it interesting that the MCR Blyton event has gone from 'nothing to do with the mcr' to 'actually it is an mcr event'. They don't seem very organised if the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is typing!!!!!

I have no issue with BMW minis but I think it's right that they do not come on the track at the mk1 Blyton day.

The reason is simple, they are so much bigger and heavier than other cars that will be on the track and they have such a performance advantage both in acceleration, top end speed and brakes that I think that many people would feel intimidated by them.

'Our' event is popular, well subscribed, raises tons of money for good causes, so let's not worry if a few lemon suckers want to moan because it's not the same as every other mini show!

The day that there is a horn parade or a fancy dress is the day that it will have jumped the shark as an event!

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:36 am 
Site Admin

Location: Oop North where it's dark & cold nearly all the time.
I have just written a long post about Pete's comments above, but have deleted them before posting.

Suffice to say, absolutely anyone who is interested in early Minis is welcome at our event.

There are other track days at Blyton most weekends of the year. I am only concerned with ours.

I'm not a member of the MCR but some of my best friends are & I have NEVER had any issues with the club or the committee & intend it to stay that way. I think that what we do is complimentary.

No more debate about this subject please!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:10 pm 

rich@minispares.com wrote:
that's a big picture for such a small car! :lol:

Making up for it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6