mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:39 am 

Pete wrote:
We can always do a sprint somewhere? Even at Blyton.

Three sisters!!!! Go on you know you want to!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:36 pm 

Yet another fantastic Blyton, despite breaking one of our cars again.

Quote:
Those Mokes are a blast, many many thanks to Bill for loaning me his as my paddock shuttle / mobility scooter for the day which to be fair I couldn't have done without! :oops:
Very welcome Pete, put a big smile on both our faces on the day as it did a few others I'm sure, happy to help out in any little way.

Quote:
My son George lead me around Doni as I couldn't fekin walk straight. The cheeky tw*t even asked me to take my shades off cos I looked like a blind man. Fekin kids eh?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
That just made me spit out my tea! :lol: :lol: class!

Quote:
/Maxiumum Mini Award - The best derivative award was won by Bill Bell's prototype Moke, against some stiff opposition. What a super rare fun car!
Thanks for the Moke's award it truly made my weekend!

Liked this photo I pinched off FB of the two Moke's together. 8-)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:21 pm 

IAIN wrote:
Pete wrote:
We can always do a sprint somewhere? Even at Blyton.

Knockhill would be closer and not so hot :D

Knockhill would be an amazing idea!!! 8-)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:44 pm 
Site Admin

I have done a Sprint at Blyton & to be honest, when you are used to blasting round for as many laps as you want a single lap sprint is a bit of a bore.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:05 pm 

What about a Javelin day at Croft?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:32 pm 

mk1 wrote:
I have done a Sprint at Blyton & to be honest, when you are used to blasting round for as many laps as you want a single lap sprint is a bit of a bore.

I agree but all sprints and hillclimbs are single runs so that's hard to avoid. We've looked at all sorts of alternative ideas to Blyton and as yet come up with very few venues that are bookable for a weekend event, for the same sort of money as Blyton, that we can use exclusively and that people can get to easy enough. two suggestions though that do keep cropping up are Curborough and Millbrook which Simon W and I were discussing on Sunday. Landow is also a possible and Three Sisters of course over this way.

I'd be happy to try somehwere 'new' or even alternate each year. What about a MK1 AD South? Oh ..hang on ..were already are for a large chunk of this forum!!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:46 pm 
Site Admin

Personally, while I am totally open to doing other events during the year & have always said that I think that one or more Sprint / Hillclimb type events are a great idea, remember MK1 PC already sponsors the Harewood Classic & Vintage class in June.

I do think that it is sensible to keep our Action Day at Blyton on the May bank holiday. Over the last 5 years it has become established at that venue & date, to start switching about would only cause confusion & could lead to us losing the venue & date entirely (This is I grant you highly unlikely).

I think Al's suggestion of a road tour is brilliant & should be looked into asap.

I also think we should look into other events at other venues if there is enough interest to justify it.

This should all be started steadily though, as it is very easy to over estimate interest & potential attendance & although it looks simple even the smallest of events takes some degree of planning, & unlike most clubs or organisations we don't take subscriptions or have people who can pretty much dedicate themselves to this sort of thing.

Mark F

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:48 pm 
Site Admin

Pete wrote:
I agree but all sprints and hillclimbs are single runs so that's hard to avoid.

Having done a Sprint shortly after a track day I can say 100% that doing a Sprint on a circuit you have driven round 100's of times is less interesting, challenging or for that matter entertaining than a track you don't know or have ONLY used for Sprinting or hillclimbing. Personally I would not be interested in doing another Sprint at Blyton.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:31 pm 

What we must not do is dilute what we already have that works, in my humble opinion, so well (Blyton / Harewood), they don't change Bulee from year to year, and now that we are established at Blyton, it would be wrong to switch.

I would also be up for a touring type event / get together / night away !, and another event either Hillclimb / Sprint / Track event.

Mini 1380 SKH595B
Mini Historic Rally DJJ266H

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:15 pm 

Hi chaps, I was interested if anyone had any info on the blue mk2 with gold wheels reg MOC 623F, was goin really well and was keeping some interesting machines really quite honest. Thanks in advance

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next