mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:48 pm 

Hello there, We are making 2 x Mini Cooper S replicas for a garage in Italy, (we import classic Italian cars but since the £ to € is so bad we are reversing things). I have what I thought was just another speedo binnacle but upon further searching I found a photo of it from an old Broadspeed article and then a photo on google. Basically it has the centre speedo, the two smaller gauges on either side and then a rec counter to the right. It's not perfect due to being cut a bit but when in position you don't notice this. The main chrome ring can still be purchased as can the screws. I am loathe to waste it on a replica vehicle (being a bit of a purist) and would rather see it on a genuine Cooper or Cooper S.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:34 pm 

I used to have one of those on my car so am very interested... price wise though???

Happy to discuss, or if anyone has an idea??

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:15 am 

The chances of it being a broadspeed are very low, could be a vortz item or a Bob made item, post up a picture and we can tell you what you actually have. They all differ, as does the worth.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:06 am 

I have one in my storage, can someone give me some information about it (I can't see any marks on it, maybe it is a homemade version)?

I have added a picture of it, it might be for sale btw.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:40 pm 

looks like a poor copy of a Vortz, the hole cut outs are terrible so there's no way it would have come from Nick like that, it could be a genuine blank that someone else has cut the holes in ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:34 pm 

Yes, you are right; holes are terrible made. It could have been a blank; the dash is a solid/good quality item (no flex at all).

I have always thought to assemble it with a chrome edge and front plate with good holes, but as I don't have a RHD mini anymore I don't need it at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:43 am 

This is an original Vortz dash bought directly from Nick. [not by me]

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:23 pm 

Sold for £143.73
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Very-Rare-Br ... true&rt=nc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:43 pm 

Yes, I saw that, very misleading advert showing one of my dashes fitted to a car and not the one you end up with! What's that expression about a fool and his money being easily parted.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:45 am 

mab01uk wrote:

Reading that ad and the first post of this topic makes it sound like it's the same person?

1071bob wrote:
Yes, I saw that, very misleading advert showing one of my dashes fitted to a car and not the one you end up with! What's that expression about a fool and his money being easily parted.

If you search google for "mini broadspeed dash" it's the first result that comes up. Just as bad as the ads with a perfectly restored car in the first photo and a rusty mess in the rest!