mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:56 pm 

Andrew1967 wrote:
......Carlos Fandango superwide wheels .... with the correct size tyres on them. :lol:

+1 for one of best adverts ever

Panama Cigars - Carlos Fandango Wheels :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqqZ28m8uCo

MINI Clubman with some neg camber....and minimal wheel to arch clearance!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XTk1xGn1oY

Stance MINIS in Bandung,Indonesia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YayZKkgu8Wc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:40 pm 

mab01uk wrote:
MINI Clubman with some neg camber....and minimal wheel to arch clearance!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XTk1xGn1oY

I watched the video of the Clubman. To me... the car (at least its front end) looks like a car with A-arms where the upper ball joint has failed and the wheel has fallen in. Not cool looking, just broken looking.

To each his own I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:47 pm 

mk1 wrote:
Why the fu**ing hell do people do THIS to their cars?

This is a serious question, I can easily understand most "Yoot movements" Ilicit narcotics, unprotected ramdom sexual encounters, I can even get my head round Facebook & Twitter, but the fashion for making your car almost undrivable & ridiculous looking is totally beyond me.

PLEASE! Can some explain?

Take it easy Mark you never know what the future holds , When your Grand kids arrive. :D :o :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:10 pm 

It's actually a Daihatsu Mira rather than a Micra. In their original form the Mira was very "Mini like" - small, cheap, basic and fun to drive. They also made a Daihatsu Mira Gino which stuck a "mini style" front on from the factory (which was a bit lost in translation)

This is one of the most extreme ones (if you see this coming toward you keep clear!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhT3C9mHLZ4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:07 pm 

Would this car not have air suspension to allow it to move ???

There are other somewhat weird cults around. A while ago I saw (in Mexico) an 80s BMW with what looked like standard (10") Mini wheels tucked well into the arches. It gave a good impression of a car floating down the road (very much "ground effects" :) with no wheels at all.

A friend told me the look is quite popular (in that part of the world).

Cheers, Ian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:27 pm 

mk1 wrote:
anyway, what sort of COMPLETE IDIOT would own a car that has stupid massive negative camber............... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Only for a split second before break away oversteer & death :lol:

Remind me, what speed was it unsafe at? I forget.

In answer to the original question though, I believe it is coz they is fannies.

Al

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:26 am 

timmy201 wrote:
It's actually a Daihatsu Mira rather than a Micra.

Thanks for the update there. I thought that front emblem looked like it was from a Daihatsu? The Mira has never been sold where I am and I've never seen one before. The Gino derivative it quite the 'looker' if you ask me... :lol:

1st generation

2nd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:43 am 

Peter Laidler wrote:
Mind you I ask myself the same question when I see flares in otherwise beautifully restored Mini Coopers. My neighbour here in this small village is one of the top-dog auctioneers at one of the top-dog London auctioneer houses, He tells me that without exception a bog standard car will always out perform one price wise that's had these body mods. But it's a personal thing really

Although it does start to get a bit boring at shows and in the magazines these days when nearly every beautifully restored Mini Cooper looks like it has just left the showroom in standard condition because of the 'purist' police......It is of course a personal thing but I think it is good to see at least some period mods today, including 'flares' (don't hear that term used for arch extensions much now) because back when the Mini Cooper was a common everyday car in regular use on the road or track, it seemed like practically every owner replaced the 'bus' steering wheel, fitted a rev counter and fitted wider wheels and arches soon after leaving the dealer showroom!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:15 pm 

Sit back and enjoy the madness....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=74QfUngp9JE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:17 pm 

Are they not just trying to copy that image of an Irish Mini landing after a serious "lift." Can't remember where it was - does anyone?
:D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next