mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:45 pm 

Apparently the yuf run er call it the "Fat look", you hav to run undersize tyres on ya big rims...... :roll:

I also think they look shite! :shock: :?

there's one at the bottom of our road witha 14 plate Seat that he thinks he looks like a stealth bomber with matt black paintwork "fat rims" and lowered to 2mm from the ground scrapping he's exhaust on the floor

"Yeah looks really good that mate - when you have to replace your front oversized skirt every time you meet a speed bump or pebble"
it's had more front end primer/filler than brake pads

I'll stick to me A series.....I'm getting old..... :(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:46 pm 

Bosozoku. It is a Greek musical instrument wo' Greek men play - like wo' mandolins are to Italians

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

Location: Oop North where it's dark & cold nearly all the time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:03 pm 

prof peach wrote:
Apparently the yuf run er call it the "Fat look", you hav to run undersize tyres on ya big rims...... :roll:

again, this started in Japan as a 'because race car' you got the biggest set of wheels you could find, but because tyres are so expensive you fit undersize, cheaper, tyres to the rims. it looks rubbish on many cars, but some of the higher end jap cars its actually very neat when you have (for example) a set of 17" tyres on a set of 18" rims that have been done so that the body work of the car sits exactly between the rim of the tyre and the sidewall of the tyre.

as with everything done with careful thought it has been ruined by people who just stick any tyres on any rims to try and replicate the look without understanding why it was done in the first place - id never want to own a car that has had it done, but some of the real high end show cars look fantastic as its one little detail part of a very well thought out, beautifully built show car.

of course, as its expensive and well thought out, the bosozuku lot take the piss by doing it to the extremes, which has then filtered down to the VW euro lot who all just build cars to a check list. roof rack, tick, trolley on roof rack, tick, pineapple on roof rack, tick etc etc

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:16 pm 

jay weinstein wrote:
Google "donks"

I didn't need to Google that one. They are way too common around here. They are much more common than negative camber cars.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:24 pm 

dklawson wrote:
jay weinstein wrote:
Google "donks"

I didn't need to Google that one. They are way too common around here. They are much more common than negative camber cars.

they are utter rubbish though, just look crap

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:32 pm 

Anyway what was it ?
Kia ?
Looks like the car in the nivia advert ?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:04 pm 

Reminds me of the best Hamlet TV advert ever made with Carlos Fandango & his Ford Anglia that would not pass through a field gate
due to his oversize wheels.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:11 pm 

......Carlos Fandango superwide wheels .... with the correct size tyres on them. :lol:

+1 for one of best adverts ever

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:07 pm 

I believe the grey car is a cosmetically modified K11 Nissan Micra.

While I have no problem with people updating or modding their cars, it should always be done within the realm of 'safe' and 'logical' as-in if said machine has valid number plates and so is seen as a 'road legal' vehicle by the authorities, can it actually be used as such?

Clearly that grey Micra might be able to drive 30-50 miles (at about 20-25mph.. :lol: ) before either the tyres inner edge wears down to naught or the ball joints, wheel bearings and/or CV joints start a groanin (and failing). So, to me at least, that one isn't really 'roadworthy' so should not be allowed to be used on public roads.. Instead, it has become someones show & display trailer queen. To each his own - at least in that case it isn't an irreplaceable and highly valuable classic.

Apparently though, to certain eyes, it is all about the stance... Dudes.. :lol: ;) 8-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next