mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:06 pm 

Reborn Cooper S Man wrote:

What a fascinating history so far though.

Original Benelite grill with spot lamps in with spares.

Note Mk 2 bootlid

Can only agree 8-) but keep "digging" - would/could be awesome if you could get in touch with the couple, or some one from their family ?

The grill fits in with most WP,s from this period = square spots recessed into the grill.

Yes as Pete already mentioned = std on a 67.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:00 am 

nick rogers wrote:

I also seem to think that the car was a Radford which went to W&P in the 70's for an 'upgrade' to orange interior etc.

Could very well be - this will explain why a 1967 car ended up with the second version of W&P,s Margrave dash.[/quote]

I don't think this is the case lads, but I could be wrong! The reason I say this is there is not one Radford part left on the car and any other car that has work done by both coachbuilders has features from both company's. Not even the Radford electric window fuse system is there! The easiest way to tell if it was in Radfords is to run your fingers inside the front scuttle to see if the holes are there for the Radford/elf chrome trim.

JC did you notice the W&P paint job is the same as Radfords (Engine bay not painted). Now if that was a Radford you'd be jumping up and down with disgust! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:03 am 

yeah he's keeping quiet about that. :lol: W&P leaving tartan red paint on show?? Never!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:20 am 

Pete wrote:
yeah he's keeping quiet about that. :lol: W&P leaving tartan red paint on show?? Never!!

Nevsmini wrote:

JC did you notice the W&P paint job is the same as Radfords (Engine bay not painted). Now if that was a Radford you'd be jumping up and down with disgust! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No you guys forget the keyword which is =
nick rogers wrote:

'upgrade'

;) and that said am I glad that I can "yank your chain" and get a reaction :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by JC T ONE on Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:27 am 

Nevsmini wrote:

I don't think this is the case lads, but I could be wrong! The reason I say this is there is not one Radford part left on the car and any other car that has work done by both coachbuilders has features from both company's. Not even the Radford electric window fuse system is there! The easiest way to tell if it was in Radfords is to run your fingers inside the front scuttle to see if the holes are there for the Radford/elf chrome trim.

Not all Radford,s had the waist line trim, and if it was a cheaper conversion without electric windows, there wouldnt be much/if any traces left.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:48 am 

Original colour was Tartan Red with a black roof and RHD. According to the Heritage Certificate issued on the 28th June 2007 to a John G M Jones.
Build date 22nd March 1967, came with fresh air heater and was despatched to Kennings Limited in Clay Cross on November 1st 1967.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:26 am 

Ian, the letter from George is a nice bit of history of the car. I was amused to see the car came originally to Kennings Clay Cross. I went there many times as Kennings had a bunch of old buildings where unsold stock from any of their branches would end up. I think the boss there was called Paddy Brett (but I could be mistaken). I usually found something of interest, the best being a 130 speedo for £25 and 2 complete traveller nearsides for £5 each. We used one of the sides on my Radford woody as it had sustained a deep gouge along the side while in supermarket car park.
I wish I had know its origins when George was alive, he would have enjoyed that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:14 am 

JC T ONE wrote:

Can anyone make out if its the early or later type airvents in this pic ?
That would help to put a date (app) on Things.

I would say they are the early chrome type with the small control knob

Attachment:
WP19.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:30 pm 

surfblue63 wrote:

I would say they are the early chrome type with the small control knob

Attachment:
WP19.jpg

I agree - so next question = when did BL change from the small to the bigger/flat type ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:07 pm 

Change point for vents given in AKM 0031 August 1976 1st Edition.

Clubman commission number S20S 150000
1275 GT commission number S20D 30000
Clubman Estate 20W 130000

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next