mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Hills number plate
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:01 pm
Posts: 313
Just picked up two hills number plates, I might use them on the mk2 if i can get the right digits. Does anybody remake them? Or has anyone got any old ones knocking about?

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hills number plate
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:16 pm
Posts: 5886
Callum wrote:
Just picked up two hills number plates, I might use them on the mk2 if i can get the right digits. Does anybody remake them? Or has anyone got any old ones knocking about?

Image


stick them on ebay as 'mk1 escort 1300, needs v5c applying for suit rebuild'

and watch the money roll in :lol:

_________________
should you wish, you can contact me on rich@minispares.com

'long beard boss'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hills number plate
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:47 pm
Posts: 7274
Or make some Downton paperwork from 1967 with this number on and apply for the logbook.

And watch even more money roll in! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hills number plate
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:01 pm
Posts: 313
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hills number plate
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:35 pm
Posts: 3066
Location: UK
Hills numberplates and digits are not easy to come by Callum.

They are great plates and italics.

Got a reflective set on my pick up and a hybrid set for the 65 S project.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hills number plate
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:47 pm
Posts: 337
What is the registration of your Mk2? Are the digits on your plates plastic or aluminium?

My wife's grandfather was the founder and owner of Hills. Hills were the first manufacturer to use movable digits - my wife's grandfather had to lobby Parliament to get the law changed to allow it - before that all number plates had to be cast. ACE and Bluemels copied the Hills idea...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hills number plate
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:22 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:30 am
Posts: 9798
Location: Oop North where it's dark & cold nearly all the time.
Thanks for the interesting post 66Traveller!

Its a shame they are not still about :(

The only way to find digits nowadays is to keep your eyes peeled on ebay.

_________________
Mark F
(I'm a very friendly Lion called Parsley)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hills number plate
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:01 pm
Posts: 313
Andrew1967 wrote:
Hills numberplates and digits are not easy to come by Callum.

They are great plates and italics.

Got a reflective set on my pick up and a hybrid set for the 65 S project.


Thanks Andrew, at least they will look good on the wall then if i can't find any


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hills number plate
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:01 pm
Posts: 313
66Traveller wrote:
What is the registration of your Mk2? Are the digits on your plates plastic or aluminium?

My wife's grandfather was the founder and owner of Hills. Hills were the first manufacturer to use movable digits - my wife's grandfather had to lobby Parliament to get the law changed to allow it - before that all number plates had to be cast. ACE and Bluemels copied the Hills idea...



Thanks thats very interesting. The reg is VMP290G the digits are plastic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hills number plate
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:47 pm
Posts: 337
Callum,

What is the registration of your Mk2? Are the digits on your plates plastic or aluminium?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gray, Hipwell, irlmin, mike owen, minivan60, prof peach, swifty and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Localized by Maël Soucaze © 2010 phpBB.fr