mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:18 pm 

Nice work. I'll have a go at mine at some point.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:26 pm 

Just move down here Rob and we'll do it together! Photograph it along the way and put it all up on the forum. - and offer a rebuild service! . Probably a bit to cold for me to move up there!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:50 pm 

I'll donate mine if anyone wants a project as Peter suggests.......so long as I can borrow it when done :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:14 pm 

Peter Laidler wrote:
Just move down here Rob and we'll do it together! Photograph it along the way and put it all up on the forum. - and offer a rebuild service! . Probably a bit to cold for me to move up there!

Just think though Peter, you could probably buy a country estate up here if you sold up, complete with forest to keep the wood burner going. Then employ me as your lachie :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:16 pm 

Pressure side is working now. I had the outlet restrictor of the one-way valve upside down, so the solid face was blocked by the ball bearing on the pressure stroke instead of allowing fluid through the cross-cut flutes.

For anyone else attempting a repair, the assembly order of the pressure side from top to bottom is:

Overflow hose to top of tank
Black handled brass valve
Threaded union
Long banjo bolt
Dowty washer
Banjo splitter to gauge and pressure hose
Dowty washer
Long restrictor - cross cuts facing downward
Ball bearing
Pressure pump outlet
Pressure pump body
Pressure pump inlet
Ball bearing
Short restrictor - cross cuts facing upward
Dowty washer
Banjo on inlet hose from bottom of tank
Dowty washer
Short banjo bolt

Now all I need to do is fix the leaky Schraeder valve connectors at the other end of the hoses. I think the rubber grommets are replaceable so that shouldn't be too hard, and worst case equivalent parts are still available new.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:16 am 

Just noticed that my pump only has a single hose and the instruction plate designates it as a single hose pump. It also refers to an internal changeover valve, automatically switching between pressure and vacuum as opposed to switching hoses. Another complication to deal with.

Image20170808_194226 by robin_derrick, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:22 am 

Could anyone who has a two hose UK model pump possibly email me a good quality photo of the top instruction plate please?

Mine has no plate and the only one I can find online is for the single hose version. I want to try and get one printed up on plastic sheet to finish my refurb.

Email address is iwbarker at mac dot com

Thanks !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:21 pm 

I have emailed you a scanned image of the instruction plate on mine. Hope its OK for you.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:08 pm 

minimk1man wrote:
I have emailed you a scanned image of the instruction plate on mine. Hope its OK for you.

Thanks Trevor, that's exactly what I needed. I should be able to use it to create artwork for engraving a new plate at one of the online services.

Update: PDF and MSWord file of my recreated placard attached, in case anyone else needs one.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by iain1967s on Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:14 pm 

So is the twin hose pump the earlier version, later superseded by the single hose ?. I had never seen the twin hose style until now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next