mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: S speedo question
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:39 am
Posts: 68
I am in possession of a 4417/18a 200 kph speedo.According to the MiniForum this belongs to a mk1 S and I quote "64 to 67".However Mr Parnells bible says 4479 replaces 4417 in Sept 64! Can anybody clarify?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S speedo question
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:23 pm
Posts: 582
Brian Thurston wrote:
I am in possession of a 4417/18a 200 kph speedo.According to the MiniForum this belongs to a mk1 S and I quote "64 to 67".However Mr Parnells bible says 4479 replaces 4417 in Sept 64! Can anybody clarify?


Ive seen the 4479/20 original mounted in a feb 64 1071... and also in another 64 1071.. so thats not All correct.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S speedo question
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:39 am
Posts: 68
So who`s right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S speedo question
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:39 am
Posts: 68
According to Mr Parnells book page 30, the type SN4479 replaces theSN4417 in Sept 64, along with the introduction of the voltage stabiliser! page 29. Once again which is correct?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S speedo question
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:23 pm
Posts: 582
Brian Thurston wrote:
According to Mr Parnells book page 30, the type SN4479 replaces theSN4417 in Sept 64, along with the introduction of the voltage stabiliser! page 29. Once again which is correct?


I know....and got the book. As most people inhere.
Ive just know what Ive seen, and he still got the car.
It has also been discussed that theres a few points in the book that might not be correct.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S speedo question
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:39 am
Posts: 68
Thanks for replies,BUT, is there anybody who can supply the correct info on dates for voltage stabilisation and when 4479s were introduced ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S speedo question
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:23 pm
Posts: 582
Brian Thurston wrote:
Thanks for replies,BUT, is there anybody who can supply the correct info on dates for voltage stabilisation and when 4479s were introduced ?


The 4479 /10 and 11 was introduced in 62 before the 4417.. that was used from 64.. the BR1305/00 voltage stabilisator was used from there..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S speedo question
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:39 am
Posts: 68
So therefore I can conclude the info in Mr Parnells book is incorrect ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S speedo question
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:35 pm
Posts: 3146
Location: UK
If you look at the last sentence of the first paragraph of Page 30, it says that 4417 replaced 4479.

Chronologically in that chart, the 4417's are listed after the 4479's, so it looks like John has simply got the numbers mixed up in the last sentence in the Speedo ID chart on that page.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S speedo question
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:23 pm
Posts: 582
Andrew1967 wrote:
If you look at the last sentence of the first paragraph of Page 30, it says that 4417 replaced 4479.

Chronologically in that chart, the 4417's are listed after the 4479's, so it looks like John has simply got the numbers mixed up in the last sentence in the Speedo ID chart on that page.


Exactly Andrew


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pedromintor, UHR850 and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Localized by Maël Soucaze © 2010 phpBB.fr