A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:13 am 

Chuck, Trevor, and any other expert,

My Mini is now painted Bermuda Blue, which is the original colour as matched to some original paint found in the engine compartment. Actually, it looks fantastic and I'm glad I went with the original instead of Midnight Blue.

I'm wondering whether you know which wiring harness is most suitable for the Wolseley 1000 because I think it is most advisable to replace it rather than work with what is there at the moment.

There's a 1967 Mini Mk1 Saloon version with braided covering for dynamo, oil light switch, starter on ignition switch and I can add one or more additional wires which can be used for the Wolseley grille badge light and a radio or there is a wiring harness for a British Wolseley Hornet (RY31c/RY33c) but they ask whether the headlight dip switch is on the steering column or floor. I don't know because it has been so long since I drove the car.

My car is one of the very first Wolseley 1000s so it might be slightly different to the newer ones. Mine doesn't have a heater for instance. And I suppose that a wiring harness could always have some extra wires added or left unused. But if you have any advice on this, it would be gratefully received.