Just a nice period picture

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
WMU 211G

Re: Just a nice period picture

Post by WMU 211G »

Aye but you have a super dooper rust free Cooper now :D
Nidge

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper S

Costafortune

Post by Costafortune »

Don and Earl Morley on the 1960 Monte, 33rd overall.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Costafortune

Post by Costafortune »

Who knows?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Costafortune

Post by Costafortune »

Tish Ozanne and Nicky Gilmour, 1960 Monte (retired)

Costafortune

Post by Costafortune »

Alick Pitts and Tony Ambrose, 1960 Monte, finished 73rd after hitting a milk lorry.

The wreck of TMO560 was supposedly bought by Pitts for 10 shillings!

Polarsilver

Post by Polarsilver »

Talking to a Bloke Walking his dogs past my house .. apparently he was the Technical / Publicity Manager at Automotive Products .he spoke about the original development Mini with the Carb at the front grill .. apparently that early Mini did 90mph on test ? .. then he described that the Manager of the AP Development Shop Rallied a Cooper S with an Auto box as AP had a lot to do with the auto box development ?
No idea if all this is correct ? but will try to get more info next time this dog walker passes bye .

mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

From what I know, all the info in the above post is spot on. Sounds like you have a very interesting neighbour.
Mark F
I'm a rather fat feathery Owl called sage.

Peter Laidler

Post by Peter Laidler »

VERY interesting Ken........... Similar thing happened to me when I took my police mini to the Shrivenham fete a few years ago. Seeing that it had an alternator, a man spoke to me about the car about it and said that he was a LUCAS design engineer who was working on the then new alternating current generators in the mid to late 60's - later shortened to alternators - and worked with BMC at Cowley, Swindon and Abingdon with MG and the works in order to test the new Lucas alternators for ruggedness on works cars and longevity in staff members BMC/BL cars at Abingdon and Cowley. He was getting on a bit by then so I wrote a few details down and passed it on to those few souls interested in works cars. They wanted more info from him but I didn't have his details. Went the next year but he wasn't there. Maybe I'll try this month when the Shrivenham Fete is on again!!!!!

Incidentally, he noticed straight away that my police alternator was a total mix-and-match lash up to look like an AC original using 17ACR guts! Lucas wanted to beat ACDelco and get Lucas into BMC/BL before AC got in so they based him at Swindon to be close to Cowley -0 and there he stayed when he retired!

Verax

Post by Verax »

Monte Carlo 1961 - N° 337 D.R. Milton / Milton -145 ème

Costafortune wrote:Who knows?

WMU 211G

Post by WMU 211G »

The Kings Road, Chelsea, 1966...
LONDON KR image .jpg
Mr.Cooper and Mr.Surtees…
COOPER 177_n.jpg
Don't see many rear views of the one off Bertone Cooper S, I wonder where those light clusters came from...
BERTONE COOPER S 113_n.jpg
Nidge

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper S