Just a nice period picture

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Old English White

Re: Just a nice period picture

Post by Old English White »

Like JohnA I spotted the Italian design. The Italians were ahead of us in design but not rustproofing unfortunately so nobody younger will ever have seen one - although our homegrown Morris 1100 was hardly any better was it :lol: If the prize was pints I'd share them with him ;) I'm just enjoying a cool isolation beer right now as it happens so cheers everybody and good health :D. Let us hope we can all meet up at some future time.

JohnA
Location: Up north where men are men and sheep are frightened

Re: Just a nice period picture

Post by JohnA »

Old English White wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:46 pm
Like JohnA I spotted the Italian design. The Italians were ahead of us in design but not rustproofing unfortunately so nobody younger will ever have seen one - although our homegrown Morris 1100 was hardly any better was it :lol: If the prize was pints I'd share them with him ;) I'm just enjoying a cool isolation beer right now as it happens so cheers everybody and good health :D. Let us hope we can all meet up at some future time.
I've just enjoyed a pint myself,if the points had been shared pints we would probably ended up discussing the merits of rusty Italian cars.
I was once told that a lot of poor quality Russian steel was used in their manufacture as a debt had been paid with it.
I was working in garage in Sheffield in the 70s when a customer came in with a Lancia Beta which was less than 3 years old and the engine mounting had broken through the rotted crossmember and the power unit was almost touching the road.
Happy Days