mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:41 am 

Is it just me who now expects that every eurobox car or van in the UK will & does just "Pull Out" directly in-front of my Mini even when i am traveling at speed & have right of way ?
Upside is i can give them a very long Blast on my Fiamm 2000 Air Horns. :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:20 am 

I've noticed this 'trend' as well!........unbelievable at first but now almost expected! V. annoying!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:52 am 

Yes I've noticed this a lot on my daily commute. I think some people think the Mini is some kind of Noddy car.

Little do they realise there's 150 brake horse power thundering up behind them. Well about 55 in my case!

I've resorted to temporarily using main beam when approaching bad junctions.

I've also used an old Moggy Minor horn for years. Not quite as effective as air horns but not bad.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:56 am 

If you like loud horns you should like a surprise train horn!
https://youtu.be/icnRMW6P9nc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:22 am 

'S'-type wrote:

I've resorted to temporarily using main beam when approaching bad junctions.

the problem with this is that flashing main beams to many idiots on the road is that they think that it means you are allowing them the right of way / do what they want, where as in the highway code it actually means the opposite - i.e flashing main beams means 'i am comming through'

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:33 am 

I find the same in my old Land Rover...they see a tatty old Land Rover coming along and they decide there's no way they are getting behind that and just pull out in front of me no matter how near the junction I am and then half the time they trundle along half the speed I was doing anyhow...arseholes! On the plus side having their rear screen filled with a fekkin greet tatty ex mil LR two inches off their bumper, lights on and horn blaring for a short while usual gets the message across...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:36 pm 

Time Bandit wrote:
I find the same in my old Land Rover...they see a tatty old Land Rover coming along and they decide there's no way they are getting behind that and just pull out in front of me no matter how near the junction I am and then half the time they trundle along half the speed I was doing anyhow...arseholes! On the plus side having their rear screen filled with a fekkin greet tatty ex mil LR two inches off their bumper, lights on and horn blaring for a short while usual gets the message across...

Whether in the Mini or not, this is one of my biggest driving pet peeves. Cut me off and then go slower than I was going?! WTF?!? At least have the common decency to go faster than I was when you cut me off.