mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9768 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 918, 919, 920, 921, 922, 923, 924 ... 977  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:13 pm 

spoon.450 wrote:
Wonder what the story behind this is ?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-MINI ... :rk:7:pf:0

I'd hazard a guess that somebody re-shelled their Mk3 'S' and left this kicking about .. probably little to no chance of getting a legitimate ID as it will already be in use ..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:29 pm 

johnv wrote:
spoon.450 wrote:

I'd hazard a guess that somebody re-shelled their Mk3 'S' and left this kicking about .. probably little to no chance of getting a legitimate ID as it will already be in use ..

I'm sure a certain person in Norfolk will come up with an identity for it :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:44 pm 

Looks like it was possibly a nice shell when it was stripped and left to rot ?
Made me wonder if it was a stolen car many years ago, stolen and stripped for it's S bits ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:40 pm 

spoon.450 wrote:
Looks like it was possibly a nice shell when it was stripped and left to rot ?
Made me wonder if it was a stolen car many years ago, stolen and stripped for it's S bits ?

Saw this advertised few days ago, came up as its close to me, no ID except FE number, niceish shell AND trailer included which is odd...same thoughts crossed my mind, anyone lost a blue S in last 10-15 years?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:19 pm 

I think I’ve seen this advert/ pictures before within the last 12 months..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:11 pm 

WMU 211G wrote:
spoon.450 wrote:

Tasty Lancia Fulvia Zagato hiding behind it too (if you like that sort of thing... :mrgreen: )

It's surrounded by Lancias, there's an Appia to the left of it.

Attachment:
appia.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:59 pm 

The Mk 3 S shell, was at Richard Thorne Classic Cars a few years ago where the ex-Peter Filby Unipower was for a number of years.
Might want to ask Pete F about some of the fun that he had with that.
I thought that they had got rid of that at the same time. Its been outside for a long time and would be fun to get it off the trailer in one piece!?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:31 pm 

Yes that does look like its Richard Thorne Classics storage facility, in Reading. Its only a guess but I wonder if the owner's not paid his storage bills (that shell does look like its been on that trailer for years) and they've decided to recoup the money by selling it? Who knows. They tried to do that with the ex Filby Unipower resulting in some strong arm tactics to force them to prove they were legally entitled to sell it! I'd tread very carefully with that shell and it doesn't look like it'd be much use to get a V5 with no numbers on it. There again... :roll: :lol:

What's odd is that it's not completely stripped. :?: It'll probably sell just for the hydro units and pipes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:51 pm 

Pete wrote:
Yes that does look like its Richard Thorne Classics storage facility, in Reading. Its only a guess but I wonder if the owner's not paid his storage bills (that shell does look like its been on that trailer for years) and they've decided to recoup the money by selling it? Who knows. They tried to do that with the ex Filby Unipower resulting in some strong arm tactics to force them to prove they were legally entitled to sell it! I'd tread very carefully with that shell and it doesn't look like it'd be much use to get a V5 with no numbers on it. There again... :roll: :lol:

What's odd is that it's not completely stripped. :?: It'll probably sell just for the hydro units and pipes.

Would make sence, good mate of mine used to work on his Lancias and Morgans, just a few miles from here, if anyone wants me to visit .....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:20 pm 

Dulles Dash

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Mini ... SwpLVcM91Q

I have added the pictures for referance in the following thread

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19088

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9768 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 918, 919, 920, 921, 922, 923, 924 ... 977  Next