mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8782 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 799, 800, 801, 802, 803, 804, 805 ... 879  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:49 pm 

Nick W wrote:

Presumably the 950TPM markings would indicate it's not a mash up of parts.

I had a similar one with a trip in mph but with the mini type fuel gauge hole. Could never work out what it was from.

Nick might have an idea on it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:27 pm 

MM ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:33 pm 

It's Series 11 or 111 Morris Oxford I think.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:04 pm 

steve1071 wrote:
Nick W wrote:

That would be TPK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:12 pm 

Frogeye61 wrote:
steve1071 wrote:
Nick W wrote:

That would be TPK

Yep

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:05 pm 

mk1 wrote:
Nick W wrote:

No idea what it is from though. The fuel tank gauge is certainly not Mini or anything 60's.

It's mid '50s Morris Isis. The round hole should have a clock in it as the fuel gauge was mounted in a combination gauge cluster next to the speedo.

http://www.newoldcar.co.uk/index.php/fe ... xe-ref-966

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:40 pm 

I still think Morris Oxford (or Cowley). The Isis was a faster car and the speedo was marked to 100mph on UK examples so I reckon the kph speedos would be marked to more than 140kph ;)

I'd be prepared to agree that 100mph might be optimistic - unless a). The driver was very brave. and b). He was travelling down a long hill.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:21 pm 

steve1071 wrote:
Nick W wrote:

I had a similar one with a trip in mph but with the mini type fuel gauge hole. Could never work out what it was from.

Nick might have an idea on it.

Nick had one of these for sale at Stafford 3/4 years , I commented about it because i had seen one ebay a few weeks previous with the clock fitted , But cannot remember what he said !!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:10 pm 

Pete wrote:
Actually I tried to buy a restored Gem a couple of years ago, it had a smote 1275 in it, nicely painted, caged and I thought this could be some real fun!! It was advertised on the Marcos/Gem forum and I sent a message but it didn't get through. In the end it sold for about £7500 I think, and I think took a little while to sell. Whether we like it or not Marcos/Gem/Cox all sell for sub Mk1 850 money, sadly undervalued but that's the truth. If and when their profile is raised by having a few on the race tracks they'll no doubt go up in value and by all accounts there'll be a Cox in HRDC (or is it HSCC Roadsports?) sometime soon which is great news.

Rich is right though most old tatty kit cars get bought for their engines if they're any good, as I know too well when I pulled the 1275 S lump from Rich's "Grit Box", took the Restalls out, ripped the discs off and the vertical oil cooler. I considered taking a lump hammer to the rest but took pity on the poor thing and sent it to the Sanctuary for Homeless and Abused Kit Cars - Yorkshire Branch. Now happily rehomed and doing well. :)

Just seen these post's about the Mini Jem , There was a MK1 on ebay last year or the year before , similar condition , Engine supposedly a 1275 S , closer inspection 1275 GT/ 1300 GT or just a 1300 , Wanted everything doing and i mean everything , It was a Dog , Photo's of the car can be seen on the Mini Marcos web site under Galleries , UMD 480F , I emailed the seller asking what he thought it would make, answer over £4000 , well it did £4000 + , i was gob smacked , That makes mine worth £££££ , I was talking to Rich about this car and he said the buyer wanted it for historic racing , was a wealthy man and money was no object , In reality that's a one off purchaser , How many would pay that sort of money for a dog ???? , I thought about £1500 -£2000 would have been plenty of dosh for the said dog , I also think this one is of similar value , maybe a bit more as its a MK1 , People keep referring to the Jem as a KIT CAR !!! , It was never a kit car , I had one first time round in 1968 , This is how it worked , They sold a body shell including doors and windscreen that was "shell A" , "Shell B" was the same with the doors and windscreen fitted ,"Shell C" painted to your choice of colour ,side and rear windows fitted that was it , The idea was you either bought a car from the breakers or whatever and stripped it down and fitted to the Jem body ,The other option was a complete car , Never was the Mini Jem supplied as a load of bits from the makers to assembly yourself !!! ,
Pete i think i know that car you are talking about and yes it was on ebay a couple of times , got pulled , Sure it went in the end to Europe , Talking Europe, they love the Jems and Marcos , will pay better money than over in the UK for a good example , By the way you have to be a member of the Mini Marcos to post , Maybe that's why your message did not get through :o :o :o ,
Goff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:04 pm 

It's a Series II Oxford, 1953 onwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuwTWujeMM0

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8782 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 799, 800, 801, 802, 803, 804, 805 ... 879  Next