WTH??!?! Have you seen this item on ebay.

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Supersonic

Re: WTH??!?! Have you seen this item on ebay.

Post by Supersonic »

mini_surfari wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:41 pm I personally appreciate minis from all eras... some more than others etc...

But it is scary when you see an 80’s Mini 1000 project which has been molested advertised for £1500+ :shock: . No cheap projects anymore.

These late coopers like to demand money now don’t they!
I agree, late Rover Coopers now sell like hotcakes. I remember a bloke who was a big wig in the Mini Cooper Register telling me in 1995 that Rover Coopers were false. He went on to say that the only real Cooper was the 1071cc Cooper S and the rest were want-a-be cars. Now Rover Coopers and BMW Coopers make up about 60% of the MCR club.

If only he was alive now to see how wrong he read the situation :( :(

Alan
hanlminiman
Location: Still in a Car Home in North Cotswolds, close to Prescott Hill Climb & Stratford upon Avon UK

Post by hanlminiman »

"If only he was alive now to see how wrong he read the situation :( :( "
An interesting observation. Way back in 2000 I acquired an ex JC garages demonstrator Mini Cooper to take part in the Italian Job Millenium Run; I still have it but it has been modified in true Mini owner fashion. As a keen, resting (growing family) Mini enthusiast I thought I'd join the Mini Cooper Club. They were worse than the MCR about "modern" Mini Coopers. I remember RSP conflict in the early 2000s but now they are accepted. I have always believed in the MCR phrase "The Legend Lives On." Looking at current Facebook pages I am encouraged that younger enthusiasts are enjoying their Mini ownership and have seen that someone is trying to reprogram the Spi/Mpi ECU's. Let's hope that this dreadful Pandemic will disappear and we can all get back to enjoying the craic at Mini shows; whatever colour your NOS nuts are. Wishing you all a very Healthy New Year.
May the shows be back with us soon.
Cliff
dodge44

Post by dodge44 »

Early front end inc FE plate. Might be handy for someone 'correcting' a Heritage shell ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Mini ... 4830659304
agricola

Post by agricola »

FE numbers arent on the heritage certificate!
dodge44

Post by dodge44 »

agricola wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:17 pm FE numbers arent on the heritage certificate!
I didn't indicate that they were? A FE can however give a rough indication of it's age if that is important to a buyer though.

Roger
Nick W

Post by Nick W »

I can't see why this is getting strong bids ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-Morri ... 890.l49292
Up North in Sheffield
Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

Nick W wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:30 pm I can't see why this is getting strong bids ...

Number plate, or maybe his mates :mrgreen:
mini_surfari

Post by mini_surfari »

Nick W wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:30 pm I can't see why this is getting strong bids ...

It seems everyone’s gone mad these days... there is a 1980 1275gt on Facebook. Owner won’t take a penny less than 4.5k. It’s had a big accident up front, cars rotten as pear, roofs bent. Some wolly will buy them though.
Nick W

Post by Nick W »

I bet that number plate wouldn't be more than a grand in the real world :shock:
Up North in Sheffield
Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

Nick W wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:13 am I bet that number plate wouldn't be more than a grand in the real world :shock:
so its his mates :mrgreen:

Joking aside, that is a quite a lot to bid on a car with so few photos or information- not too much history on the Ebay account either....