mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 786, 787, 788, 789, 790, 791, 792 ... 913  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:47 pm
Posts: 8173
The Dulles dash is a replica, the seller sort of says that without actually saying it. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:35 pm
Posts: 1698
Location: Abingdon Oxfordshire
I thought that it couldn't be the real McCoy when I saw it. Looks like he's shaped the chrome surround with a flame-thrower


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 580
Peter Laidler wrote:
I thought that it couldn't be the real McCoy when I saw it. Looks like he's shaped the chrome surround with a flame-thrower


Looks like that is the fake plastic stuff you used to could buy by the roll
Double sided tape on the reverse side to stick it on.

_________________
The best repairs go un-noticed

http://www.dunsdalecoachworks.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:25 pm
Posts: 1356
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... ii/8381865

Tummy tickle time again, more like 1999 than 1969 :?:

Alan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:58 pm
Posts: 94
Location: Mid Sussex
Supersonic wrote:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/mini-classic/all-mini-classics/1969-mini-cooper-mark-iii/8381865

Tummy tickle time again, more like 1999 than 1969 :?:

Alan

Frankly that's just blatant, they've even left the Cooper Sport badge on the boot lid (trunk, sorry) by the look of it.

Then again if it was sold as what it actually is it might be eligible to be crushed as an unpermitted import - is it even legal to import a 1999 Mini into the US?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:24 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:30 am
Posts: 11831
Location: In the Village.
YIKES!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323086559486?ul_noapp=true

_________________
Mark F
I am not a number, but you can get me on 0800-555-555


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:13 pm
Posts: 3858
Location: North East
I was going to say that's a fair price until I noticed the lamps are bottom mounted ones with holes drilled in the backs, the grille is straight looking though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:19 pm
Posts: 353
Location: Sweden
Hmmmmmmm ??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Mini ... 0675.m4236

Hooray i'm a millionaire !! Got a bunch of those :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:16 pm
Posts: 6958
Gareth Brandt wrote:
Hmmmmmmm ??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Mini ... 0675.m4236

Hooray i'm a millionaire !! Got a bunch of those :)


never mind that, he is asking a TENNER more for a minispares alloy inlet manfold thats been sandblasted than you can buy a new one from me! :lol:

_________________
should you wish, you can contact me on rich@minispares.com

'long beard boss'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:37 pm
Posts: 534
Location: Saskatchewan, CA
IslandBlue wrote:
Supersonic wrote:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/mini-classic/all-mini-classics/1969-mini-cooper-mark-iii/8381865

Tummy tickle time again, more like 1999 than 1969 :?:

Alan

Frankly that's just blatant, they've even left the Cooper Sport badge on the boot lid (trunk, sorry) by the look of it.

Then again if it was sold as what it actually is it might be eligible to be crushed as an unpermitted import - is it even legal to import a 1999 Mini into the US?


I think 1993 is the magic number for the US.... It'sa just so wrong registering that as a 69.
A 99 could however be purchased there in Florida, then legally brought to CA ! I wouldn't mind it at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 786, 787, 788, 789, 790, 791, 792 ... 913  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Localized by Maël Soucaze © 2010 phpBB.fr