mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:49 pm 

mk1coopers wrote:
It has been held further up the country, Duxford for one, and the smaller event at Curborugh, the problem, as with all events, is finding people to run them in their own time and help out on the day, I'd not even noticed the name had changed !

Several times in recent years the MCR have said that the small team who have run the Beaulieu show for many years wish to stand down and unless some new volunteers come forward the future of the event will be under threat......I don't think many MCR members have come forward to take over so far?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:59 pm 

LMM76C wrote:
Is not Gaydon a logical and more central place to hold it?

Not been to Gaydon since it has been revamped but the Gaydon Mini show never seemed very good compared to Beaulieu......not sure if this was due to the venue but I think the best shows are also usually run by an enthusiasts club.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:53 am 

mab01uk wrote:
mk1coopers wrote:
It has been held further up the country, Duxford for one, and the smaller event at Curborugh, the problem, as with all events, is finding people to run them in their own time and help out on the day, I'd not even noticed the name had changed !

Several times in recent years the MCR have said that the small team who have run the Beaulieu show for many years wish to stand down and unless some new volunteers come forward the future of the event will be under threat......I don't think many MCR members have come forward to take over so far?

You are right, we were all at out posts again this year as we have been for many years, one day it would be nice to turn up at a reasonable hour and just see the show :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:06 pm 

mk1coopers wrote:
mab01uk wrote:
mk1coopers wrote:

You are right, we were all at out posts again this year as we have been for many years, one day it would be nice to turn up at a reasonable hour and just see the show :lol:

Oh yes it would be nice to just rock up on Sunday and enjoy the show. :o One day I might be able to.

Graham, the name change was because of the number of people who email, phone etc, etc and ask if the show is open to all minis or just Coopers. We still get people asking if they have to register before coming to the show. There appears to be a growing number of people who expect to be able to just phone or email rather than seeking the answers for themselves, modern society I suppose.

God I sound grumpy! :lol: