mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: blue V5
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:26 pm 

I purchased 2x mk1 minis about 4/5 weeks ago now, both had blue V5 documents, so filled out the bottom slips and send them off the the DVLA, it is the 5th week now and haven't had the documents through, or a letter saying they need more information or a the full v5.

Do i need to apply for a new v5 for each?

Thought you guys would have come across this situation before.

Post subject: Re: blue V5
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:43 pm 

This below was from May2014......maybe they do more checks on old blue V5 applications as a batch of blue blank documents were stolen which caused the change to red V5C.

Motorists who still have the old V5C blue vehicle registration certificate (logbook) are encouraged to swap it for a new red V5C for free.
"You must be the registered keeper and there must be no changes needed to the V5C. DVLA also recommends that any buyer offered a second hand vehicle with a blue V5C gets the seller to replace the document with a red one from DVLA before they part with any money for the vehicle."
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/dvla ... ertificate

Post subject: Re: blue V5
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:53 pm 

harrymini wrote:
I purchased 2x mk1 minis about 4/5 weeks ago now, both had blue V5 documents, so filled out the bottom slips and send them off the the DVLA, it is the 5th week now and haven't had the documents through, or a letter saying they need more information or a the full v5.

Do i need to apply for a new v5 for each?

Thought you guys would have come across this situation before.

If you don't have a new style v5c you have to fill out a v62 and send off with £25. They will either issue a v5c or insist that they send an inspector to verify that the car is what it is purported to be. I've just been through this process with a Wolseley 1100 that had been off the road since 87 and had an old style v5. It took a couple of months including the inspection.
Are the cars complete and have chassis and engine plates ?