mk1-forum.net
http://mk1-forum.net/

Rear Seat cushion fixing wing nuts
http://mk1-forum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18555
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Aussie s [ Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:45 am ]
Post subject:  Rear Seat cushion fixing wing nuts

Has anybody got some info or access to the wing nuts that are use to fix the rear bottom seat cushion to the seat pan.
looking for the 10/32 UNF Pressed wing nut.
Haven't been able to find any here at home.

Author:  mk1 [ Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rear Seat cushion fixing wing nuts

I don't think these were used on UK built cars. Probably an Aussie specific thing.

Author:  Aussie s [ Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rear Seat cushion fixing wing nuts

mk1 wrote:
I don't think these were used on UK built cars. Probably an Aussie specific thing.

Wasn't sure about that ? :roll: but thought it was worth a try.
Would like to find the 10/32 UNF pressed wing nuts if some one can help out.

Author:  smithyrc30 [ Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rear Seat cushion fixing wing nuts

Do you mean this sort of thing?

These are metric but an M5 thread can be massaged into a 10-32 NF.
http://uk.misumi-ec.com/vona2/detail/221005014083/
or
http://sg.misumi-ec.com/vona2/detail/221005013295/

These are UNC:
http://www.fastenerdata.co.uk/fasteners ... 869d3.html
or
http://www.fastenerdata.co.uk/fasteners ... 869d2.html

These appear to be the same form (shape) as the 1/4" UNC ones on top of the Morris single carb air cleaner I have:
http://www.fastenerdata.co.uk/fasteners ... 869d1.html

Author:  Aussie s [ Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rear Seat cushion fixing wing nuts

smithyrc30 wrote:
Do you mean this sort of thing?

These are metric but an M5 thread can be massaged into a 10-32 NF.
http://uk.misumi-ec.com/vona2/detail/221005014083/
or
http://sg.misumi-ec.com/vona2/detail/221005013295/

These are UNC:
http://www.fastenerdata.co.uk/fasteners ... 869d3.html
or
http://www.fastenerdata.co.uk/fasteners ... 869d2.html

These appear to be the same form (shape) as the 1/4" UNC ones on top of the Morris single carb air cleaner I have:
http://www.fastenerdata.co.uk/fasteners ... 869d1.html

Cheers Thank you :) Will try an email. Don't seem to get replies from the company's to this part of the world. :(

Author:  Spider [ Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rear Seat cushion fixing wing nuts

Were they pressed?

It maybe the later cars, but I thought they were cast, similar, though smaller than those used on the front seat pivots.

<EDIT: It appears the P/N was SYN29 >

<2nd EDIT: It would appear that early Aust Cooper S and Deluxes had Wing Nuts but at an early point, changed to a hex nut and flat washer >

Author:  timmy201 [ Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rear Seat cushion fixing wing nuts

Winabbey posted some technical drawings and part numbers for them on ausmini last week
http://www.ausmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95019

Author:  Aussie s [ Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rear Seat cushion fixing wing nuts

timmy201 wrote:
Winabbey posted some technical drawings and part numbers for them on ausmini last week
http://www.ausmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95019


Thanks for the reply
Yes have been in touch with Winabbey and he has been very helpful and explained the factory uses and change.
The problem really is that most all won't sell a limited number of items.
Thought it may be easy for some one in the UK to purchase or find a location that would comply with my request.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/