At The Auctions

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
haynes
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 10:31 am
Location: Dorset

Re: At The Auctions

Post by haynes »

Super Deluxe now up for nearly £20K, I'm sure same vendor had it up for £14K a few months back and maybe a year or 2 ago was a private sale at around £10-12K

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1323444

This 998 cooper sold for £22.5 after being originally advertised on C&Cs for £32:

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/26807/lot/32/
User avatar
iain1967s
Posts: 1434
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:46 am
Location: Cambridge, MA, USA

Re: At The Auctions

Post by iain1967s »

Wood & Pickett 1967 S on BAT [TYF 192F]

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967- ... od-pickett
User avatar
UHR850
Posts: 4906
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: 't Gooi the Netherlands

Re: At The Auctions

Post by UHR850 »

iain1967s wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:37 pm Wood & Pickett 1967 S on BAT [TYF 192F]

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967- ... od-pickett
:x HORRIBLE thing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DOWNTON Mini is what I like a lot.
Collecting 60th wooden steeringwheels.
Lakeland997
Posts: 769
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:57 pm
Location: Whitehaven

Re: At The Auctions

Post by Lakeland997 »

This seemed like a decent buy for someone (if 30k is ever decent for a Mini)

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/196 ... oper-s-mk1
Sleep is my favourite thing in the world. It's what gets me out of bed in the morning.
User avatar
Exminiman
Posts: 1148
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:59 am
Location: Berkshire UK

Re: At The Auctions

Post by Exminiman »

Lakeland997 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:37 pm This seemed like a decent buy for someone (if 30k is ever decent for a Mini)

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/196 ... oper-s-mk1
Looks like an interesting car, a good looking car, prices seem to be less speculator driven lately......?
steve1071
Posts: 1716
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: At The Auctions

Post by steve1071 »

Exminiman wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:45 pm
Lakeland997 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:37 pm This seemed like a decent buy for someone (if 30k is ever decent for a Mini)

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/196 ... oper-s-mk1
Looks like an interesting car, a good looking car, prices seem to be less speculator driven lately......?
I thought it looked a bit ‘Greg Hales’ with the dubious Alexander tale and the bits of yellow in the engine bay, then spotted who the heritage cert was issued to.....
User avatar
Exminiman
Posts: 1148
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:59 am
Location: Berkshire UK

Re: At The Auctions

Post by Exminiman »

steve1071 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:12 pm
Exminiman wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:45 pm
Lakeland997 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:37 pm This seemed like a decent buy for someone (if 30k is ever decent for a Mini)

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/196 ... oper-s-mk1
Looks like an interesting car, a good looking car, prices seem to be less speculator driven lately......?
I thought it looked a bit ‘Greg Hales’ with the dubious Alexander tale and the bits of yellow in the engine bay, then spotted who the heritage cert was issued to.....
So for being a bit vague, but who is Greg Hales ? Doesn't sound much like a positive
User avatar
Exminiman
Posts: 1148
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:59 am
Location: Berkshire UK

Re: At The Auctions

Post by Exminiman »

Exminiman wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:17 pm
steve1071 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:12 pm
Exminiman wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:45 pm

Looks like an interesting car, a good looking car, prices seem to be less speculator driven lately......?
I thought it looked a bit ‘Greg Hales’ with the dubious Alexander tale and the bits of yellow in the engine bay, then spotted who the heritage cert was issued to.....
So for being a bit vague, but who is Greg Hales ? Doesn't sound much like a positive
Ohh I see, bit of Googling, brings up Greg Hales name and the MCR, seems many MCR members on not exatley fans of his :lol:, I still think its a good looking Mini though...
steve1071
Posts: 1716
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: At The Auctions

Post by steve1071 »

He did build some lovely cars, usually after exporting the real thing to Japan....
251 ENG
Posts: 1222
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: At The Auctions

Post by 251 ENG »

I thought exactly the same before you pointed out heritage certificate
Post Reply