At The Auctions

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
User avatar
mab01uk
Posts: 4677
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:08 pm
Location: S.E. England

Re: At The Auctions

Post by mab01uk »

1997 Rover Mini Cooper 1.3 Sports
https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/eve ... 1.3-sports

1968 Morris Mini Cooper S
https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/eve ... i-cooper-s

1963 Morris Mini Cooper 997
https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/eve ... cooper-997

1963 Morris Mini Cooper 997 Rally Car (ex Monte-Carlo Challenge)
https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/eve ... -challenge

1976 Wood & Pickett Mini Margrave 1275
https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/eve ... grave-1275

1986 MG Metro 6R4 Ex-Works
Estimate: £475,000 - £550,000
C99 KOG achieved the second-best results for any 6R4.
https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/eve ... 4-ex-works
Channel
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:00 am

Re: At The Auctions

Post by Channel »

Time to reply this car has not been in any Auction other than CCA
The only thing that appears to be wrong is the rear window
The Mark 1 windows rusted very badly and in the 1970’s this car’s window was cut out and replaced with mark 2 after tracking down garage
At this time parts for mark 1 were unavailable
Otherwise it’s correct Mark 1
A dealer has offered to purchase and convert into a Cooper
He has some 30 minis in storage that he paid no more than £60 tops
He is making a fortune by supply faked up Minis and reckons 30 % in circulation are not true mini’s
Indeed a friend purchased a Cooper at Auction to find bad fake
So looks I might sell to this dealer
User avatar
Exminiman
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:59 am
Location: Berkshire UK

Re: At The Auctions

Post by Exminiman »

Channel wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:27 pm Time to reply this car has not been in any Auction other than CCA
The only thing that appears to be wrong is the rear window
The Mark 1 windows rusted very badly and in the 1970’s this car’s window was cut out and replaced with mark 2 after tracking down garage
At this time parts for mark 1 were unavailable
Otherwise it’s correct Mark 1
A dealer has offered to purchase and convert into a Cooper
He has some 30 minis in storage that he paid no more than £60 tops
He is making a fortune by supply faked up Minis and reckons 30 % in circulation are not true mini’s
Indeed a friend purchased a Cooper at Auction to find bad fake
So looks I might sell to this dealer
Am i missing something ?
User avatar
johnv
Posts: 622
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:01 pm
Location: Surrey UK

Re: At The Auctions

Post by johnv »

I don’t think you’re alone there :D
Mk2 Cooper
Mk1 Cooper project
Mk3 Cooper S
User avatar
miniminor
Posts: 554
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:49 pm
Location: Upside down behind the TV

Re: At The Auctions

Post by miniminor »

I absolutely loving 3284 KM, a cracking car but why the blue interior with green exterior?
"Get the wheels in line, Get the wheels in line with it! ..... and then slam your brakes on or we'll be in the cabin ! "

1963 Morris Mini Minor Superdeluxe
2014 Freelander 2 SD4
User avatar
Exminiman
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:59 am
Location: Berkshire UK

Re: At The Auctions

Post by Exminiman »

Nice Aussie S sold for £26k, at risk of being lambasted , In some ways I prefer the Aussie Mk1 :o
https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/eve ... i-cooper-s
roymck
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 7:19 pm
Location: Dorking , Surrey

Re: At The Auctions

Post by roymck »

Exminiman wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:14 pm
Channel wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:27 pm Time to reply this car has not been in any Auction other than CCA
The only thing that appears to be wrong is the rear window
The Mark 1 windows rusted very badly and in the 1970’s this car’s window was cut out and replaced with mark 2 after tracking down garage
At this time parts for mark 1 were unavailable
Otherwise it’s correct Mark 1
A dealer has offered to purchase and convert into a Cooper
He has some 30 minis in storage that he paid no more than £60 tops
He is making a fortune by supply faked up Minis and reckons 30 % in circulation are not true mini’s
Indeed a friend purchased a Cooper at Auction to find bad fake
So looks I might sell to this dealer
Am i missing something ?
Could this be referring to a previous thread that I can’t find now about a RARE MK1 mini won at auction that had a factory fitted MK2 rear window years before the MK2 came out! The buyer refused to go through with the sale .
8662 FN Austin Mini

I know its not original I like it this way

My wife says I don’t listen to her or something like that !
steve1071
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: At The Auctions

Post by steve1071 »

mab01uk wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:46 pm
1963 Morris Mini Cooper 997
https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/eve ... cooper-997
This 997 did very well to say it needs quite a few bits sorting
User avatar
Exminiman
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:59 am
Location: Berkshire UK

Re: At The Auctions

Post by Exminiman »

steve1071 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:43 am
mab01uk wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:46 pm
1963 Morris Mini Cooper 997
https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/eve ... cooper-997
This 997 did very well to say it needs quite a few bits sorting
it did do surprisingly well, nice looking car.....as well
nick@dunsdale
Posts: 708
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:30 pm
Location: Scottish Borders

Re: At The Auctions

Post by nick@dunsdale »

roymck wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:27 am
Exminiman wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:14 pm
Channel wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:27 pm Time to reply this car has not been in any Auction other than CCA
The only thing that appears to be wrong is the rear window
The Mark 1 windows rusted very badly and in the 1970’s this car’s window was cut out and replaced with mark 2 after tracking down garage
At this time parts for mark 1 were unavailable
Otherwise it’s correct Mark 1
A dealer has offered to purchase and convert into a Cooper
He has some 30 minis in storage that he paid no more than £60 tops
He is making a fortune by supply faked up Minis and reckons 30 % in circulation are not true mini’s
Indeed a friend purchased a Cooper at Auction to find bad fake
So looks I might sell to this dealer
Am i missing something ?
Could this be referring to a previous thread that I can’t find now about a RARE MK1 mini won at auction that had a factory fitted MK2 rear window years before the MK2 came out! The buyer refused to go through with the sale .

Page 72 of this thread there is discussion on a wrong windowed alleged mk1 this one


.
MK2 rear window.jpg


.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The best repairs go un-noticed

http://www.dunsdalecoachworks.com
Post Reply