mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: At The Auctions
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:28 am 

surfblue63 wrote:
Also up for offer with the crust S is a de-seamed S. Cut the seams off and cut the value in half?
https://mathewsons.co.uk/vehicle-auctio ... i-cooper-s

Is it actually an S though? The description has a ? after the S at the end of the description title. I didn't see anywhere it is claimed to be an S.

Interesting car, it is on an F plate (67/68) but has a late MK2 shell (69/70) unless it has had the rear seat back/bulkhead replaced.

If the description is accurate, whoever did the bodywork did a good job given the time since it was done.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:21 am 

mk1 wrote:
That S is even worse than I imagined!

But what an amazing rescue job. I don't know if this sold/how much but it won't be cheap. There's something about wrecks like this that fire the imagination like a restored car doesn't.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:29 am 

Its at the end of this month, they have added a little more info now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:59 am 

Costafortune wrote:
mk1 wrote:

But what an amazing rescue job. I don't know if this sold/how much but it won't be cheap. There's something about wrecks like this that fire the imagination like a restored car doesn't.

Whoever buys it, if they rescue that shell they'll have as much fun as I am at the moment :? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:10 pm 

smithyrc30 wrote:
surfblue63 wrote:
Also up for offer with the crust S is a de-seamed S. Cut the seams off and cut the value in half?
https://mathewsons.co.uk/vehicle-auctio ... i-cooper-s

Is it actually an S though? The description has a ? after the S at the end of the description title. I didn't see anywhere it is claimed to be an S.

Interesting car, it is on an F plate (67/68) but has a late MK2 shell (69/70) unless it has had the rear seat back/bulkhead replaced.

If the description is accurate, whoever did the bodywork did a good job given the time since it was done.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:28 pm 

A couple of interesting ones at the H&H Imperial War Museum, Duxford sale on Wednesday.

Is this the oldest surviving MG Metro Turbo? The MOT check site lists it as registered on 31st January 1983. As there are only 21 1983 Metro Turbos shown on the How Many Left site this one must be one of the earliest, if not the earliest. It's only had 2 owners and has not been on the road since 1990. Mileage is only 49,000, but the hydrogas looks like it needs a bit of work and looking at the engine bay shot it appears to have lost its turbo!!

https://online.handh.co.uk/m/lot-detail ... 3Fpage%3D2

The second is a '63 Austin Mini that has a bit of classic rallying history. It also has a fully modified engine (960cc) and large history file.

https://online.handh.co.uk/m/lot-detail ... 3Fpage%3D3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:02 am 

Brightwells have some interesting cars coming up in their 24th October sale

https://www.brightwells.com/classic-mot ... 143022d56b

The second oldest Austin Seven Countryman

Attachment:
Austin Countryman.JPG

A 1960 Mini Minor

Attachment:
1960 Morris.JPG

Rally prepped MK2S

Attachment:
mk2s.JPG

And finally one for Rich as it comes with a huge amount of spares

Attachment:
Corvair.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:27 pm 

surfblue63 wrote:
A couple of interesting ones at the H&H Imperial War Museum, Duxford sale on Wednesday.

Is this the oldest surviving MG Metro Turbo? The MOT check site lists it as registered on 31st January 1983. As there are only 21 1983 Metro Turbos shown on the How Many Left site this one must be one of the earliest, if not the earliest. It's only had 2 owners and has not been on the road since 1990. Mileage is only 49,000, but the hydrogas looks like it needs a bit of work and looking at the engine bay shot it appears to have lost its turbo!!

https://online.handh.co.uk/m/lot-detail ... 3Fpage%3D2

The second is a '63 Austin Mini that has a bit of classic rallying history. It also has a fully modified engine (960cc) and large history file.

https://online.handh.co.uk/m/lot-detail ... 3Fpage%3D3

I watched that Metro Turbo sale online and the hammer price was £5750 before buyers premium

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:27 pm 

Andrew1967 wrote:
Costafortune wrote:
mk1 wrote:

Whoever buys it, if they rescue that shell they'll have as much fun as I am at the moment :? :lol:

Went for £18k plus premium, and that had to be put to the family selling, but doubt they’ll turn it down

:shock:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:56 pm 

Went for £18k plus premium, and that had to be put to the family selling, but doubt they’ll turn it down

:shock:[/quote][/quote]

I nearly drove over to look at it thinking it would be cheap at around 4-5 k :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 39  Next