mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 39  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: At The Auctions
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:16 pm
Posts: 6958
the hipsters are going to have to sell a lot of £8 soya laced skinny lattes to pay for the restoration and conversion into a mobile coffee shop

bet the seller of that van is doing a proper 'cash-days' dance!

:lol:

_________________
should you wish, you can contact me on rich@minispares.com

'long beard boss'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At The Auctions
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:08 pm
Posts: 3320
1990 Bentley Mulsanne S - Result inc Premium: £1,800
"This car has been off the road since 2014. It was last MoT'd in 2013 with recorded mileage of 25,775. Nine registered owners, the last since 2013. It comes without documents apart from the MoT history print‑out dating from 2006 to 2018 with details of MoT failure. Mileage currently recorded at 33,045. Please note that this Bentley was subject to an insurance claim in 1999."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At The Auctions
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:07 pm
Posts: 1103
rich@minispares.com wrote:
the hipsters are going to have to sell a lot of £8 soya laced skinny lattes to pay for the restoration and conversion into a mobile coffee shop

bet the seller of that van is doing a proper 'cash-days' dance!

:lol:


that is a HUGE price for a crappy old van! I know they look appealing but...... Have you ever driven one very far :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At The Auctions
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:35 pm
Posts: 4150
Location: UK
From ACA last time out .... anyone know anything about it ?

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic ... er-s-mk-i/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At The Auctions
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:26 am
Posts: 376
^^ That's lovely. Daft wheels apart I'd just clean that up and smoke about in it.

DO NOT RESTORE.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At The Auctions
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:16 pm
Posts: 6958
Andrew1967 wrote:
From ACA last time out .... anyone know anything about it ?

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic ... er-s-mk-i/


awsome - i bet the bloke who did it up in the 1970's slung the s seats in the skip!


shame it will end up been restored into another shiney zerox cooper s

_________________
should you wish, you can contact me on rich@minispares.com

'long beard boss'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At The Auctions
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:16 pm
Posts: 6958
mab01uk wrote:
1990 Bentley Mulsanne S - Result inc Premium: £1,800
"This car has been off the road since 2014. It was last MoT'd in 2013 with recorded mileage of 25,775. Nine registered owners, the last since 2013. It comes without documents apart from the MoT history print‑out dating from 2006 to 2018 with details of MoT failure. Mileage currently recorded at 33,045. Please note that this Bentley was subject to an insurance claim in 1999."


about right money i would say for one thats been festering for years, loads of them are getting broken as they cost so much to put right - they just dont like been stood and if its been stood damp the wood and leather inside just falls to bits

they are crap as well as they are un turboed, so must be right slugs

have a look on flying spares website at the cars they break, it really doenst take much for them to be considered to be uneconomic to do up

_________________
should you wish, you can contact me on rich@minispares.com

'long beard boss'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At The Auctions
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:26 am
Posts: 376
Some interesting prices through; the 840Ci for £5500, the gold 380SL and the green 230E Merc - all way less than the fortunes we're told they're worth - and suckers have been paying.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At The Auctions
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:59 am
Posts: 190
Costafortune wrote:
^^ That's lovely. Daft wheels apart I'd just clean that up and smoke about in it.

DO NOT RESTORE.



Spot on, leave as is, drive it and have some fun.. :D

No worries about “originality” or “ investement value” to get in the way


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At The Auctions
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:47 pm
Posts: 8101
rich@minispares.com wrote:
Andrew1967 wrote:
From ACA last time out .... anyone know anything about it ?

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic ... er-s-mk-i/


awsome - i bet the bloke who did it up in the 1970's slung the s seats in the skip!


Along with the car by the looks of it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 39  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: medwaybeat, woodypup59 and 33 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Localized by Maël Soucaze © 2010 phpBB.fr