mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:28 am 

Pandora wrote:
Inno Cooper wrote:

(and yes, my schpelling's often crap. But hey, how good are you at my native tongue :lol: )

I learnt my Swedish from the Ikea Catalogue and the psychotic chef on the muppets, so don't worry about your schpelling too much.

Al

Speak of the devil. And doubly apppropriate for today (well yesterday to be precise) https://youtu.be/OCbuRA_D3KU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:35 am 

Well that is one way to boost posts - 6 pages in under 24hrs !

I think the forum is great as it is, it is simple to use and not full of dodgy adverts that slow everything down, and since I do not use face cloth and the likes it is my only drop in while I am have my morning cuppa.

Is it possible to make it other social media friendly to attract more attention if people are spending more time in other places? not that I know anything about how it all works

Is there a language translate button you could add Mark for other areas like you see on some websites - might broaden the horizons?

Personally I don't post much because I have nothing to post about as I am too busy working to be on with any projects that are of interest, but it is good to see what is going on out there, and also by the time I read something all the appropriate comments have been left.

Gordon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:27 am 

For me it's about perfect. At one time I struggled with uploading photos but persisted and now find it a breeze. You don't need a remote hosting site, you can upload straight from your desktop. I would urge everyone to follow the instructions and practice. You will quickly get the hang of it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:38 am 

Since iCloud has been playing up, I've taken pictures on my phone, sent them to myself as an email and then dragged them from the email on the PC into the 'Choose File' box - easy

Pictures taken from my DSLR are OK providing the files are small enough - either resize or use what I call eBay quality resolution on the camera.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:34 pm 

Great forum, works perfect, and has been a great help for me and my mates just as it is :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:55 pm 

I love this forum how it is, each car inspires me in it's own way and it's great for finding and selling parts.
But perhaps someone could delve into the archive and do a weekly thread about some of the members' cars previously written up, photgraphed and documented... :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:39 pm 

Brilliant forum but as mentioned posting pics a pain i have to get the daughter to come up from Colchester to size them up !!! .Then its a shopping trip to Meadowhall 500 quid later I have some pics on the forum :

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:28 pm 

its great, so much information

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:50 pm 

I think all online stuff goes through ebbs and flows.

Also, I prefer quality over quantity. Little point in lots of stupid meaningless posts - that is what FB is for.

If I can ask though one small feature I would like that is on another forum that I'm on is a 'Like' key. It's just a quick, simple way of saying 'yeap, I read that, like and agree with it' without having to quote the post and say 'Yeap, agree' (or what ever) and look like you're jumping on someone else's bandwagon. At first, I thought it a bit gimmicky, like FB, but now I've gotten used to it, I really do think it a brilliant feature. So many posts here, I go to 'like' but,,,,,, no key,,,,,

I guess such a feature would also help with bandwidth and storage?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:39 pm 

I think the last six pages pretty much says that the forum's not on it's way out!

We can live side by side with Facebook just fine, there might be less chance of getting ripped off on here aswell eh Simon?? :shock: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next