Another Mk1 S speedo on the bay ??

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Beatie

Another Mk1 S speedo on the bay ??

Post by Beatie »

Found this last night so PM'd him and he would accept £300.00.
Andrew 67 says it's a bit of a miss match of parts but prob worth that sort of money ?
The guy will prob neogiate so thought it was worth posting ??
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322233541869
Ive messaged him back telling him I've put it on the forum so hopefully he won't try to start a private auction ??

Simon776

Re: Another Mk1 S speedo on the bay ??

Post by Simon776 »

Beatie wrote:Found this last night so PM'd him and he would accept £300.00.
Andrew 67 says it's a bit of a miss match of parts but prob worth that sort of money ?
The guy will prob neogiate so thought it was worth posting ??
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322233541869
Ive messaged him back telling him I've put it on the forum so hopefully he won't try to start a private auction ??
It has a 4417/00 centre in it from standard 848 speedo :shock:
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Beatie

Post by Beatie »

That's exactly what Andrew said :D
I'm not too familier with those speedo's as mine says 130 on it due to the internal door hinges :lol:
Just thought I would make it known on here if anyone fancies restoring it correctly as the chap selling it seems open to a deal away from the bay like most do when they put a 120 up on the bay

Andrew1967

Post by Andrew1967 »

I think it'd only make that sort of money to those who don't know their numbers, so maybe eBay is the place for it :?

I bet the only reason the inner workings were replaced was because of that little nylon arm not turning the odometer round. Such as easy fix as well :roll: