Radford mini de ville colour cards found!!!

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
surfblue63

Re: Radford mini de ville colour cards found!!!

Post by surfblue63 »

morris-miner wrote:...l but what's the old white trafficatir switch for ?
The Parking Lights on the door pillars?

billycooper

Post by billycooper »

Nevsmini wrote:This is the 1071 Radford the interior came from. Shame it was de-Radfordised. Looked like a cracking car.
When I released what I had, I made a lot of enquires to MK1 Gurus , through the Mini Cooper Register, I think it was too early for the forum ? , I cant remember, and no one had any interest in the car, I only paid 2 grand for it, 20 ish years ago mind, it laid in my garage for ages as a shell, with all the bits it came with, Firstly John Kelly, then a well know Scottish contingent, and a few other people I knew well even made me a visit, and at the time, the little bit extra I was offered didn't make it worth while selling it as the shell was so good for the basis for a Road Rally car, and I really didn't have any interest in it being a Radford or even a Road Car.

I did put the car back to its original state in the end, sold all the bits, as you know they were all in a poor state, unfortunately I never got to enjoy the car due to a messy divorce and finished it and sold it to get some funds in 2010 ish for around 12K
4706629575_233df7b367_b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve "Murph"
---------------------------------------------
1960 Morris Mini-Minor 1380 KEC112

billycooper

Post by billycooper »

Just on all the holes, I did leave them all in, extra holes in the bulkhead and all the mechanisms, Ariel etc
Steve "Murph"

Pete

Post by Pete »

I suppose if it was the original shell as it sounds Murph it could always be re-Radfordised by the current owner! There's loads of stuff I did with Minis I'd never do now with the benefit of hindsight! :?

billycooper

Post by billycooper »

Pete wrote:I suppose if it was the original shell as it sounds Murph it could always be re-Radfordised by the current owner! There's loads of stuff I did with Minis I'd never do now with the benefit of hindsight! :?
I have no doubt it was the original shell and 1071 unit, plenty of verification there, so yes who ever has the car now could turn it back to it’s Radford existence, it did get a little split up mind ! and the Radford bits did help in completing other famous cars .

It’s well documented where the seats and dash went, not sure about the doors, what a piece of work they were, all sorts of materials, quite amazing really.

I have owned 2 other “S” s, both owners have contacted me recently for info on the cars funnily enough, be nice to have a craic with the current owner of 8049SR, if anyone knows of them
Steve "Murph"

66Traveller

Post by 66Traveller »

The Radford binnacle dashboard, loom and sunvisors went to a guy in Northern France if I remember rightly.

Hipwell

Post by Hipwell »

Pete wrote:Beauty! just needs a set of hubcaps, the wheels are too new! There was a set on Ebay a while back.
Yes shame that Selllers one hasn't got its wheel trims, looks like it had two or three different types over the years. Cosmics don't suit it IMO.

coopertim

Post by coopertim »

They would at standard height with 145 Dunlop’s.

Tim
Morris Cooper ‘S’ 1071 YVH 850

billycooper

Post by billycooper »

Found some more pics of 8049SR (SSR1) on an old memory stick !
Picture 161.jpg
Picture 162.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve "Murph"

Nick W

Post by Nick W »

Dual use number plates!

Alpine or Tiger???