mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:53 pm 

Hello to everybody, it's been a while since i was last on the forum but here we are again, computer tecnical problems and my basic grasp of computers let me down (or lack of..):oops:

So i trust everbody is well, minis wise well a few things have changedsince i could last log on so here's a quick re-cap...
(i promise i won't bore you :? )

Yes i'm still a hoarder, yes the garage is full to bursting, and yes there are still things in the loft and under the bed that the wife doesnt know about.....

Cars:-

Modified white 63 mk1, pride and joy won't sell for love nore money (will sell the wife and kids before this!! :D )
currently getting the bits together for the FJ block. still allround fun machine.

62 Fiesta yellow haven't really done much to this but still awaiting it's time wrapped in cloth in the garage with the bits for it in boxes inside, got me cosmic alloys, and a choice of speedwell and aquaplane heads.

64, 65, 66 wolseley hornets, 1st good, the others scrap for parts only, lots of parts done for this 64 car wrapped up and being put together a bit at a time, still a long way to go but looking good, lot's of bits at work under the bench that come out at lunch times to be messed with, alex head for this one.

74 1300innocenti still collecting bits for it, will get to this after the 64 hornet.
akm 7 port for this (well it's a minisport version, but you know what i mean)

as for the 68 & 77 pick up's, 75 mk3, 84 mini 25, 65 riley elf, 73 inno 1001 all on the back burner..
decided to sell the 65 cooper and 67 S as i need the space and i can't keep "buying things" and never getting round to them and these 2 are the one's i have the least bits for....so they've got to go cooper first (as it's next to the garage door)

As for me still doing me Karting once a month, running - great north run sept, cycling as and when (still awaiting the insurance money for the Twat that knocked me off me last racer - still mangled in the corner) new bikes the business!!

wife and kids driving me round the bend, but i love all.

that's it really
Will post pic's as and when

Regards Ian (prof peach) :geek:
you fell asleep yet reading this?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:57 pm 

Ey up Ian, I reckon you need to post a pic of your garage is it still 2 cars high, 4 cars long and FULL!!

Not much change at this end, still messing with engines in the Frogeye and chipping away at the Inno MK1 resto.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:46 pm 

Hi ya Andy
Yes it's still full and yes it's still 2 cars high and full front to back, cooper, "josie", fiesta yellow, inno, mini 25, pick up wit cooper s over the top on scafold and mk1 at the back and the wolseley's hanging from the roof!!
one gaint kerplunk set!!! the rest stored else where!!!!

if you've still got that old photo fell free to put it on here, as i've lost that one from my computer
it's still as packed but a bit more organised, if you believe that!!!!

E.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:24 am 
Site Admin

Welcome back Ian,

I guess you must have now recovered from your Mini50 exersions last summer.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:21 pm 

Hello mark

good to be back , :) IMM mini50 was very good but a very big headache, won't be doing anything like that again, to much hassle and too may a**eholes to deal with on the days and nights
Kept telling myself i will enjoy this, i will enjoy this, but too many idiots for my liking that expect everything on a plate
anyway enough of my grizzleling, another time..... :x

Love the sprint by the way, didn't get long enough to look at it, you off to Gaydon or Standford hall at all?

E. :geek: