A bit of a long shot ...

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Robinmk1

A bit of a long shot ...

Post by Robinmk1 »

... but does anyone recognise this pouch and keys .... I’m trying to get some history?
Thanks Robin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Robinmk1

Re: A bit of a long shot ...

Post by Robinmk1 »

Robinmk1 wrote:... but does anyone recognise this pouch and keys .... I’m trying to get some history?
Thanks Robin
I guessed, this was as suspected a very long shot.

mascher

Post by mascher »

By any chance has it been turned inside-out?

Kelley

Robinmk1

Post by Robinmk1 »

mascher wrote:By any chance has it been turned inside-out?

Kelley
Don’t think so ... but there appears to be a crimson red vinyl residue on the outside, at some point this has come away over the passage of time.

goff

Post by goff »

Robin if there is 1/2 dozen £10 notes inside folded up !!! then i recognise it !!! it's definitley mine :lol: :lol: :lol:

hanlminiman
Location: Still in a Car Home in North Cotswolds, close to Stratford upon Avon UK

Post by hanlminiman »

My parents had a pouch like this for their house keys. I think the outer covering has worn away in yours as the tab at the left of the image is used, in my example, to draw the keys into the pouch. I don't think it is inside out as the tab has a press stud fixing. I've just bought a modern version with "hacker" protective shield for my car key fob. Back in my parents day I think the pouches were used to protect pocket linings so that keys would not disappear thought a hole in the lining !!! :D

Robinmk1

Post by Robinmk1 »

goff wrote:Robin if there is 1/2 dozen £10 notes inside folded up !!! then i recognise it !!! it's definitley mine :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wish :lol: