mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:18 pm 

Pete wrote:
The politics were off to the left of Count Von Hubbard's second photo! :lol:

I didn't make it down but great idea of Nev's to do such a big gathering of coachbuilt cars. There would have been even more had it not been for the politics ironically :roll:

Cheers Pete, it’s not fair to give me all the credit, I was just the first to kick the ball! The real credit must go to all the coachbuilt owners that went out of there way to come. Without the owners support it just would not have happened. It was a great team effort and I would like to thank Tony for putting on a great show and having to put up with myself and Steve’s rapid responses, not! Lol. After this experience I have great respect for anyone who organises these mini events/gatherings and that goes for Bulee, Blyton, CooperWorld, forums, Facebook groups, Minis to Monte etc etc we are lucky to have these people to put on these events and to have these platforms for us to gather on or there would be nothing for us mini lovers. It’s just a shame everyone is not pulling in the same direction and there is not one person Innocent of this, including myself! I reckon we need a Donald Trump to sort it lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:25 pm 

That looks like Mike Cooper....? Sorry if I'm being a bit slow.

I last went to Bulee in 1990 to buy a set of S discs and some other stuff for the 970S I was building. The one I bought for £1500. :roll: :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:57 pm 

Super pics Surfblue63, car of the day for me, LFX 36 W, Innocenti Cooper MK3 a lot of competition miles on that car, it won the Patrick motors Autotest Championship two consecutive years and the MCR Speed Championship in the 1980's as well as competing in a few road rallies in the UK and Italy, of course I am biased having owned it since 1979.

Attachment:
015 sml.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:06 pm 

olddave wrote:
spoon.450 wrote:
Thanks for sharing the pics chaps.
I notice UWL 744K in the background, interesting blue 1275 GT rally car that I believe was for sale fairly recently in the Cooperworld classifieds. Does anyone know if it sold, and who owns it now ?......and did anyone take pics ?

My ex-rally bud bought it in the late nineties. It was px'd by the previous owner for a TVR. Didn't know it had moved on
We did a few Ilkley Jubilee classic rallies in it in the early 2000's and decided we'd lost our 'sparkle' due to maturing years.
Attached is a bit of info about its last international event. There's a full write up in the June '86 CAR magazine. The original rally decals were subsequently removed to comply with rally car regs.

Am I getting this car mixed up or did Jeremy Coulter also put John Handley in this car at some point? I know I've got photos of it on the odd event.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:10 pm 

Outstanding photographs as usual there Surf, thanks for sharing.
The peaked head light rims on the Radfords has always puzzled me.
Are they Riley 1.5's or 2.8's ? As I know there are marginally different.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:15 pm 

Nevsmini wrote:
It’s just a shame everyone is not pulling in the same direction and there is not one person Innocent of this, including myself! I reckon we need a Donald Trump to sort it lol

I tend to agree but I'd also say there's one or two who seem to be responsible for 90% of the disharmony I ever hear about or subject to!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:15 pm 

Costafortune wrote:
That looks like Mike Cooper....? Sorry if I'm being a bit slow.

I last went to Bulee in 1990 to buy a set of S discs and some other stuff for the 970S I was building. The one I bought for £1500. :roll: :lol:

Deffo Mike Cooper, love that reg number DOT 4, that's a belter. 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:38 pm 

Would love to have had my 1071 hooper there but illness kept me away hope next year they can do the coach built section again.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:47 pm 

olddave wrote:
spoon.450 wrote:
Thanks for sharing the pics chaps.
I notice UWL 744K in the background, interesting blue 1275 GT rally car that I believe was for sale fairly recently in the Cooperworld classifieds. Does anyone know if it sold, and who owns it now ?......and did anyone take pics ?

My ex-rally bud bought it in the late nineties. It was px'd by the previous owner for a TVR. Didn't know it had moved on
We did a few Ilkley Jubilee classic rallies in it in the early 2000's and decided we'd lost our 'sparkle' due to maturing years.
Attached is a bit of info about its last international event. There's a full write up in the June '86 CAR magazine. The original rally decals were subsequently removed to comply with rally car regs.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12527

http://www.bryanpurves.co.uk/vehicles-f ... 4578776209

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:05 am 

Thanks all for the comments regarding the pics

morris-miner wrote:
The peaked head light rims on the Radfords has always puzzled me.
Are they Riley 1.5's or 2.8's ? As I know there are marginally different.

What has taken me a couple of days to work out are the indicator/side light units on Peters car.

They were not on a British car (but it was built in Britain).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next