Tik-Tok

A section dedicated to non Mini related conversations that some members may find disturbing, worrying or offensive. If you are likely to be troubled by non Classic car related content, I would suggest you avoid!
nick@dunsdale

Tik-Tok

Post by nick@dunsdale »

Do many of you guys use Tik-Tok

Before you disregard and throw your hands in the air and say it for kids and millennials :lol: :lol:

Tik-tok appears to be very very heavy on algorithms so if you pause and watch a dancing dog or such like for to long your feed will be full of dancing dogs :lol:

I have used it for a bit a my feed is now full of quite interesting stuff, metal fabrication, woodwork, carbody repairs and knot tying for some reason :shock: etc etc

Pick up some really good little tips and tricks here and there

Persevere and like the stuff you like.

Hold your finger on the video playing and select not interested when you see rubbish your not interested in, and after a short period your feed will be full of stuff that does actually interest you.
The best repairs go un-noticed
Polarsilver

Re: Tik-Tok

Post by Polarsilver »

Yet another distortion of words from their original purpose to describe something other than had already evolved as a meaning within the last 300 years of the English Language ..Can i ask how can a very young child now describe a Clock other than Tick Tock .. OK so Clocks are all now digital & do not make a noise.. so this Old Git will now Shut UP :lol:
Spider

Post by Spider »

I'm not remotely IT literate, however our Federal Government has given out multipal warnings about using this as - according to them - it's Chinese Spyware. Personally, I wouldn't (and don't) brush that warning off.
Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

Spider wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:47 am I'm not remotely IT literate, however our Federal Government has given out multipal warnings about using this as - according to them - it's Chinese Spyware. Personally, I wouldn't (and don't) brush that warning off.
Tool of the Chinese government......who are aggressively collecting data using this and other tools such as Baidu search engine.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53476117.

Whether it matters or not on an individual level, who knows... :?
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

TIKTOK SECRETLY LOADED WITH CHINESE SURVEILLANCE SOFTWARE

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl ... 30426.html
Mark F
General dogsbody.
Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

see, I am not a nutter ............ :lol:
EDIT, I have a certificate to prove it! :lol:
nick@dunsdale

Post by nick@dunsdale »

mk1 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:02 pm
SURVEILLANCE SOFTWARE

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl ... 30426.html

We all know if you look at products on the internet amazon or ebay etc theses same products suddenly appear in your facebook feeds etc

but here is a new one on me
One of my friends last month or so, went to Asda and bought a mackintosh's haggis neeps and tatties ready meal for one.
The following day he got an email from Mackintosh's pushing the other products they sell......never had an email from them before and not had any since.....How the f'#ck did that happen
The best repairs go un-noticed
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

b39086ec69fc23bfc9bf2f1e3cfd5f68_large.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark F
General dogsbody.
Gray

Post by Gray »

I seem to be getting more and more adds that I have not looked for on the web but just casually mentioned them to somebody in passing so it also seems your phone can pick up on things whilst listening in your pocket!
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

I only go on my computer to look at things that I'm not interested in & only buy products that I don't want. That way "the man" has no idea what I'm really all about. :lol:
Mark F
General dogsbody.