Import charges

A section dedicated to non Mini related conversations that some members may find disturbing, worrying or offensive. If you are likely to be troubled by non Classic car related content, I would suggest you avoid!
UHR850

Import charges

Post by UHR850 »

:x :x :x :x BRAXIT :arrow: We from the mainland have to pay now Import charges
if we buy things from the UK from E-Bay.

Postage:£8.48 Express delivery to Netherlands
Import charges: £7.74 (amount confirmed at checkout)

What I bought was only :arrow: Price: £20.00 set of four items

Buying from the UK will be to expencive lik this, a friend of mine bought two
Corgi 1/36 Mini models and had to pay :twisted: £25.00 Import charges :x

Bluddy hell.

Kees.
DOWNTON Mini is what I like a lot.
Collecting 60th wooden steeringwheels.
gs.davies

Re: Import charges

Post by gs.davies »

“Project Fear” they said. It’s bloody madness.
Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

We import lots from Holland, since new year its taken ages, goes into a black hole for a couple of weeks, when no one knows where it is....... :?

Costs have also increased.........some importers believe its Brussels etc trying to show how bad it is outside EEC......

Seems a bit mad really, as we i port more from EEC than we export

Sure the likes of Mercedes and BMW etc....will soon get pissed off with it and engineer a solution...
Minisprinter

Post by Minisprinter »

I think the people you should be talking to are your government, as its they who are setting the import levies, not the UK, when you buy goods from the UK you now do not pay UK V.A.T so the goods are actually 20% cheaper, its YOUR country that is setting the import tariff, buying from the UK is now like buying from the "rest of the world". As for the carriage charges this is mainly down to the cost of shipping, the cost of a container has gone from around £2500.00-£3000.00 up to £12,000.00 the reason given is that the containers/ships are in the wrong places and are at full capacity( sounds like bollocks to me, just a bit of price gouging)

The rights or wrongs of the UK vote is now a dead duck so not worth talking about

MS
UHR850

Post by UHR850 »

Please do stop pointing your finger to someone,
I only told what Ebay did automatically.

This topic can be closed now please, we don't want a discussion like this.

Kees.
DOWNTON Mini is what I like a lot.
Collecting 60th wooden steeringwheels.
Nevsmini

Post by Nevsmini »

Bought a full set of Break seals £75. When landed in Dublin had to pay and extra €36 in VAT, Duty and administration cost by shipping company to deal with customs. Buying as much as my mini parts from France now. Saved €100 on 4 liners for my 1071 than from UK suppliers. It’s sad as the UK suppler would have always been my first choice, buy sadly I’m forced to change now!
Then on a good note I bought 3 items from a member here on eBay and they slipped though customs with no charges :D and in record time of 4 days!
Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

Exminiman wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:23 am We import lots from Holland, since new year its taken ages, goes into a black hole for a couple of weeks, when no one knows where it is....... :?

Costs have also increased.........some importers believe its Brussels etc trying to show how bad it is outside EEC......

Seems a bit mad really, as we i port more from EEC than we export

Sure the likes of Mercedes and BMW etc....will soon get pissed off with it and engineer a solution...
Just an observation, its just how the situation is at the moment, no blame intended :D
InnoCooperExport

Post by InnoCooperExport »

Madness that eBay pre-calculate the charges! Under 20 euros there shouldn't be any import fees. Also can you be made to pay VAT on second hand goods?
Of course I know what a dipstick is, you get called something often enough you look it up!
Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

There a big lack of understanding and lots of confusion around this subject - as others have mentioned, there are organisations profiteering from this lack of info.

Ebay may be in that category ? to be fair though they may just be covering their own back sides.....in case they get a bill for the duty......

Anecdotally , i hear also, if you need a container/shipment quickly, you can to expedite it around the others in the queue...... for a fee!
geroch

Post by geroch »

Each country has its own trade agreement with England. I live in Switzerland and up to 60chf (about £ 47) there is no tax.
If you pay the taxes they are 8% VAT, and about 12% of the courier's customs clearance costs. (15% dhl, 10% ups)

Having said that, in UK he is not interested in anyone, what are the customs procedures of each country.

Remember only if you are shipping to and from England, to attach the export documents, otherwise CN22 is fine too.

Tom