Scot Squad - Police Chief apologises

A section dedicated to non Mini related conversations that some members may find disturbing, worrying or offensive. If you are likely to be troubled by non Classic car related content, I would suggest you avoid!
mab01uk

Scot Squad - Police Chief apologises

Post by mab01uk »

Clip from the Scottish comedy "Scot Squad" - parodies how these days someone is always offended by anything said. :lol:
(from Series 6. Episode 1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDrZpuGp6aA
Last edited by mab01uk on Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
mab01uk

Re: Scot Squad - Police Chief apologises

Post by mab01uk »

You can’t say boo! to a goose these day without upsetting someone.

I’d like to apologise to all geese for saying boo...........

I'd also like to apologise to all British members of the forum for initially using the American spelling of 'apologize' in the original post title (now corrected).
Spider

Post by Spider »

mab01uk wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:36 am I'd also like to apologise to all British members of the forum for initially using the American spelling of 'apologize' in the original post title (now corrected).
Now you've probably offended all our American members,,,,,,,
Peter Laidler

Post by Peter Laidler »

The GOOD news for you Spider Chris is that however hard you try, you'll never upset an Aussie with words alone!

Have a great evening, Pete the Pom
winabbey

Post by winabbey »

Peter Laidler wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:32 pm ... however hard you try, you'll never upset an Aussie with words alone!
That's a disgraceful statement. Talk about type-casting an entire population. Some of us are very sensitive about how we are portrayed.
Mini Mad Swede

Post by Mini Mad Swede »

*This is what I like about the british, they can take the piss out off anyhting and still not making that many upset(?)
Mock the Week, Qi where both hosts are gay and still joke about themself or laugh about jokes on them, and the 'game show' 8 out of 10 cats where they take the piss out of gameshows.

*my grammar might not be correct nor my schpelling, neither are my sentence building that great and possibly those programs/shows might not be your personal favourites.. and yes OP posted a scottish show.
nick@dunsdale

Post by nick@dunsdale »

Mini Mad Swede wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:05 pm *This is what I like about the british, they can take the piss out off anyhting and still not making that many upset(?)
Mock the Week, Qi where both hosts are gay and still joke about themself or laugh about jokes on them, and the 'game show' 8 out of 10 cats where they take the piss out of gameshows.

*my grammar might not be correct nor my schpelling, neither are my sentence building that great and possibly those programs/shows might not be your personal favourites.. and yes OP posted a scottish show.
Your 100% right on that.....very few other nations have perfected the art of deadpan sarcasm and self deprecation
you should try the show "would i lie to you" some very british humour on that
The best repairs go un-noticed
Mini Mad Swede

Post by Mini Mad Swede »

Seen bits of that to!
But a bit harder keeping up with the 'celebrities' mentioned there from other tv-shows like Big Brother and other equal programs.
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

Meanwhile last weekend in the real world of Police on the Wirral.....

First they published this:

Followed by this statement below a few hours later.... :lol:

Quote:
"How is it possible for a large group of police officers to propose that sign, create that sign, erect that sign, and drive that sign about, without a single one of them realising they were misrepresenting the law of the land? How does that level of ignorance & ineptitude happen?"
https://twitter.com/MerPolWirral/status ... 9054684164