The Law Is So Very Unfair

A section dedicated to non Mini related conversations that some members may find disturbing, worrying or offensive. If you are likely to be troubled by non Classic car related content, I would suggest you avoid!
IslandBlue

Re: The Law Is So Very Unfair

Post by IslandBlue »

Reading between the lines I think because of the DD conviction the bloke had his firearms licence revoked or not renewed?

That may be an unfortunate consequence but presumably them's the rules?
Supersonic

Post by Supersonic »

rolesyboy wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:30 pm
Supersonic wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:15 pm I’ve a mate who earlier this month was convicted for drink driving coming up to Christmas. He was over the legal limit and lost his drivers licence. He had a large collection of firearms and is a very much respected clay pigeon trainer and rifle coach. The same block represented all Ireland in the world games.

A nicier gentleman you will never find, yes he was over the limit, we have all been to parties I'm sure.

Is there no mercy or leniency anymore? :?:

Alan
Have you been drinking too Alan?? You must be really pissed if you think some cock (sorry -grown man) who was over the legal limit deserves to hang on to his driving licence till he wipes somebody out or maims them while on his way to a clay pigeon shoot to represent Ireland.

To quote a mate of mine' where's the justice....
I am baffled that you would make this post
Rolesboy,

Firstly, I have not been drinking tonight and hope to get a couple of drinks on Saturday all being well. Firstly the point I’ve made is not about drink driving, it is the vindictive way the system is setup to cause further ruthless measures. I’ve already said you take that chance you pay the price. The point I make is why the authorities want to stick the boot in when someone falls by the wayside which is not nice to witness.

I’m not baffled in any way about making this post, as a matter of interest; I’m baffled what your real name is?

Alan
Dearg1275

Post by Dearg1275 »

The law is what it says on the tin, the law. If his livelihood depended on his gun licence, and that depended on his refraining from drink driving, then QED - no livelihood.

D
Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

Pete wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:11 pm I don’t think I’m the only one who doesn’t get the point of this topic. :lol:
Its obviously too subtle for me, or maybe, ironically, the result of too much Guinness..... :lol: :lol:
Supersonic

Post by Supersonic »

IslandBlue & Dearg1275

You made good points and I’m in agreement with you both. Why would someone in that situation take that chance? Then again aren’t all guardian angels in haven and beyond our hearing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan
Supersonic

Post by Supersonic »

Pete wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:11 pm I doubt any of us on here have not had a drink or two and driven in the past, but if ye gets caught ..ye gets caught!

Best way to keep your licence I reckon is don’t fekin do it!

I don’t think I’m the only one who doesn’t get the point of this topic. :lol:
Bit shocked Pet you don’t get my point, an old bloke (70 years old) who has been a model citizen all his life, goes to his granddaughters wedding party and gets booked driving home marginally over the limit. If over the limit, so you pay the price, the point I’m making is why you should suffer in other respects is my point. I often have said, not a bit of wonder people don’t post on forums as some people answer posts before understanding them :?: :?:

Alan
Pete

Post by Pete »

Sorry Alan , so his gun license was revoked as a result,aswell as his driving licence?
Supersonic

Post by Supersonic »

Pete wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:01 pm Sorry Alan , so his gun license was revoked as a result,aswell as his driving licence?
That is correct Pete, one day after being convicted of drink driving, the Police came with a warrant for his 9 guns. I don't know why, perhaps that is the law of the land. :)

Alan
kit of bits

Post by kit of bits »

And how dose this rant relate to minis?
D
Mini Mad Swede

Post by Mini Mad Swede »

Dunno if the law is the same here, if it isnt it blody should be.
Anyone stupid enough to drink and drive, well then thats what you get.
Pretty sure the limit is higher in UK and Ireland than here in Sweden, so that might make you get away with a pint or two?

When at IMM in 1999 I was told to be careful not being over the limit so asked how high it was, 0,8 was the answer.
Back then Sweden had 0,2 these days its 0,1
Cant remember what limit it is that gets you a month in jail and losing the licence for a year = back to driving school after that year is over, and you'll have to pass each test to get each part back again like bike licence, car licence, lorry licence, trailer licence, and so on.

For some reason there's less than 400 people killed in traffic per year over here.
Okay the population is low and traffic less intense, but still.

Tell your friend to take a taxi next time (well he'll have to now.. 😂, and buy a beebeegun as that seems to fit his level of intelligence.