The Law Is So Very Unfair

A section dedicated to non Mini related conversations that some members may find disturbing, worrying or offensive. If you are likely to be troubled by non Classic car related content, I would suggest you avoid!
Supersonic

The Law Is So Very Unfair

Post by Supersonic »

I’ve a mate who earlier this month was convicted for drink driving coming up to Christmas. He was over the legal limit and lost his drivers licence. He had a large collection of firearms and is a very much respected clay pigeon trainer and rifle coach. The same block represented all Ireland in the world games.

A nicier gentleman you will never find, yes he was over the limit, we have all been to parties I'm sure.

Is there no mercy or leniency anymore? :?:

Alan
GraemeC

Re: The Law Is So Very Unfair

Post by GraemeC »

Sorry but he was over the limit, end of.
What has the rest to do with it? They're not even mitigating circumstances (if there were such things for drink driving).
rolesyboy

Post by rolesyboy »

Supersonic wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:15 pm I’ve a mate who earlier this month was convicted for drink driving coming up to Christmas. He was over the legal limit and lost his drivers licence. He had a large collection of firearms and is a very much respected clay pigeon trainer and rifle coach. The same block represented all Ireland in the world games.

A nicier gentleman you will never find, yes he was over the limit, we have all been to parties I'm sure.

Is there no mercy or leniency anymore? :?:

Alan
Have you been drinking too Alan?? You must be really pissed if you think some cock (sorry -grown man) who was over the legal limit deserves to hang on to his driving licence till he wipes somebody out or maims them while on his way to a clay pigeon shoot to represent Ireland.

To quote a mate of mine' where's the justice....
I am baffled that you would make this post
Rolesyboy
Supersonic

Post by Supersonic »

GraemeC wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:23 pm Sorry but he was over the limit, end of.
What has the rest to do with it? They're not even mitigating circumstances (if there were such things for drink driving).
Graeme,

Understand your position. Not a problem. Drink driving you lose your licence full stop. What has that got to do with holding firearms that you make a living from?

I’m not making justification by the way. But read my post, having your guns taken of you as a result is mitigating circumstances in my view.

And thank you for your comments.

Alan
Minisprinter

Post by Minisprinter »

Got to agree with others on this one, as a FAC holder they tell you the rules when handing them out, basically break them and you can kiss goodbye to what ever you have, no sympathy at all, but that goes for all drink driving.

MS
johnv

Post by johnv »

I think you’re misunderstanding the word ‘mitigating’
Mk2 Cooper
Mk1 Cooper project
Mk3 Cooper S
GraemeC

Post by GraemeC »

You haven’t mentioned anything about having his guns taken off him.

But if that is the case, then as a firearm licence holder he must have been fully aware of that risk, but yet still chose to push his luck.
Supersonic

Post by Supersonic »

GraemeC wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:40 pm You haven’t mentioned anything about having his guns taken off him.

But if that is the case, then as a firearm licence holder he must have been fully aware of that risk, but yet still chose to push his luck.
Graeme, firstly I apologise for not making things clear at the outset. Indeed drink drinking is unacceptable, the point I’m making is what has his gun collection got to do with this offence?

Alan
GraemeC

Post by GraemeC »

That was my question!
Pete

Post by Pete »

I doubt any of us on here have not had a drink or two and driven in the past, but if ye gets caught ..ye gets caught!

Best way to keep your licence I reckon is don’t fekin do it!

I don’t think I’m the only one who doesn’t get the point of this topic. :lol: