WTH? Personal costly experience with shipping an order from UK to EU

A section dedicated to non Mini related conversations that some members may find disturbing, worrying or offensive. If you are likely to be troubled by non Classic car related content, I would suggest you avoid!
Pete

Re: WTH? Personal costly experience with shipping an order from UK to EU

Post by Pete »

Talking about Tories, not that I’m one, (I think both options in this country are pretty useless) anyone remember when Cameron went over to discuss compromise to stop us leaving and the EU essentially told him to f*ck off. That pretty much illustrated how it was always going to end. Plenty of Tories pro EU of course, Corbyn couldn’t make his mind up. The people ultimately decided not politicians, they were as shocked as the media were that the peasants had revolted. :roll:
hicklingmick

Post by hicklingmick »

Anybody with any sense knew the first few months would be hard.

Some countries hate us for leaving because it means they have to stump up more money so therefore putting obstacles in the way.

Macron has admitted hes making it hard for us but also if France was given a vote ,it would probably mean Frexit.

Theres too many corrupt people in the world nowadays (as just been proved in USA with rigged ballots ) and George Sorus is backing them.
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

I think we have found ONE thing we can agree on Pete.

If I was to blame this entire fiasco on one person it would be that total utter un-reconstituted shit Cameron for getting us into this fix. He wanted to try & shut his detractors in the Tory party up by giving them their stupid referendum. He never thought for a moment he would loose.

But with all the lies & bullshit that people had been fed for years by the likes of the Murdock press & Boris Johnson, anyone remember him being sacked from the Daily Telegraph for making lies up about EU regulations? Not to mention a piss poor remain campaign we ended up here!

Not a lot of point going over this old ground, as I said earlier what is done is done. Doesn't stop me from regretting it hugely though.
Mark F
General dogsbody.
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Fricken hell!"

Brexit is one thing, but

"as just been proved in USA with rigged ballots"

We ain't going there!

Mark F
General dogsbody.
Pete

Post by Pete »

The whole left vs right thing does my nut in, the US has it bad. It’s like life hasn’t moved on from a Harry Enfield sketch. :roll: :lol: Two extreme views pushed forward by the minority for the majority to have to choose from. Great isn’t it. Most people, the silent majority, don’t get what they want that’s for sure. Trump just made that worse, dumb move really. No diplomat really is he?? :lol: . He had to go Iultimately but going to war with media was a big mistake (though he’s 100% correct the media are indeed partial, never more so!) who are currently enjoying exacting their revenge on him and his handling of Covid was a disgrace. He lost that election all on his own. Odd how Bush , who destabilised the entire middle east resulting in millions of dead hardly ruffled a media feather.
UHR850

Post by UHR850 »

gazza82 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:21 pm
UHR850 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:20 pm :x A parcel was sent to me on the 5th of january from the UK to the Netherland by the Royal Mail. :| Still nothing :!:

Kees.
Our club magazines were posted in UK before Christmas and some still haven't arrived in UK .. some made it to Aus and NZ though

Most likely your parcel is still in UK!
At last, it came today after a long jerne.

Kees.
DOWNTON Mini is what I like a lot.
Collecting 60th wooden steeringwheels.
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

mk1 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:35 pm But with all the lies & bullshit that people had been fed for years by the likes of the Murdock press & Boris Johnson, anyone remember him being sacked from the Daily Telegraph for making lies up about EU regulations? Not to mention a piss poor remain campaign we ended up here!
Not forgetting Remain had the advantage of the bias BBC (Brussels Broadcasting Corporation :lol: ) anti-Brexit propaganda throughout the referendum campaign. It is often reported not many people read the press anymore so not sure they still have the power to influence many these days but most of the population still have the BBC as a main source of news, especially us oldies who were said to be the leavers!

(For benefit of overseas members it is very hard to have a TV in the UK without committing a criminal offence and being sent threatening letters and a home visit by a BBC 'enforcement officer' to check, even if you don't have a TV or don't watch or want the BBC).
Pete

Post by Pete »

The Bias Broadcasting Cooperative only had one impartial slayer of BOTH sides of any political argument - the magnificent Andrew Neil , so of course they got rid of him! :lol:
almondgreen

Post by almondgreen »

For benefit of overseas members it is very hard to have a TV in the UK without committing a criminal offence and being sent threatening letters and a home visit by a BBC 'enforcement officer' to check, even if you don't have a TV or don't watch or want the BBC).
This is no UK privilege, same here in Germany....
MiNiKiN

Post by MiNiKiN »

mab01uk wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:21 pm
mk1 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:35 pm But with all the lies & bullshit that people had been fed for years by the likes of the Murdock press & Boris Johnson, anyone remember him being sacked from the Daily Telegraph for making lies up about EU regulations? Not to mention a piss poor remain campaign we ended up here!
(For benefit of overseas members it is very hard to have a TV in the UK without committing a criminal offence and being sent threatening letters and a home visit by a BBC 'enforcement officer' to check, even if you don't have a TV or don't watch or want the BBC).
We too have public broadcasting everyone with a TV or radio (or any device able to receive our ORF) has to pay (except the poor). And boy, I so gratefully pay the 250 /year, because it is the only half-decent source of information amongst all those lying dis-information bradcasters like private TV, Russia Today youtube and whatever. :evil:

And shouldn't we now go back on topic, bashing the thieving courier services? Just saying :lol:
If only I knew the power of the Dark Side...I wouldn't have made contact with an Innocenti :mrgreen: