WTH? Personal costly experience with shipping an order from UK to EU

A section dedicated to non Mini related conversations that some members may find disturbing, worrying or offensive. If you are likely to be troubled by non Classic car related content, I would suggest you avoid!
MiNiKiN

WTH? Personal costly experience with shipping an order from UK to EU

Post by MiNiKiN »

Guess who makes the most profit on the new regulations - it's DHL and consorts :!: :!:

The cost to the humble EU Mini tinkerer when ordering in the UK is as follows:

Cost summary of my Minispares order:
  • Parts and shipping net: 259.68 EUR
  • DHL handling fee gross: 18.00 EUR
  • DHL import handling of 12 lines gross: 42.00 EUR
  • Import duty: 7.62 EUR
  • Import sales tax (20% VAT in Austria): 51.78 EUR
:evil:

That is an increase of 21.71%
Last edited by MiNiKiN on Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If only I knew the power of the Dark Side...I wouldn't have made contact with an Innocenti :mrgreen:
InnoCooperExport

Re: WTH? Personal costly experience with shipping an order from UK to EU

Post by InnoCooperExport »

Crikey! I didn't have to pay a thing on the last order I got in. But then that was ordered in December 2020, but not delivered until middle of last week. Think that was the last one I got away with, next time I think I will be facing similar costs. So much for Tariff free trade!
Of course I know what a dipstick is, you get called something often enough you look it up!
MiNiKiN

Post by MiNiKiN »

Yes, tariff free if you are a big company or corporation doing your import duty handling yourself.
If only I knew the power of the Dark Side...I wouldn't have made contact with an Innocenti :mrgreen:
trevorhp

Post by trevorhp »

Please try Transglobal express they are big and seem to have it sorted.
:?:
"Ambition: the first step on the road to disappointment" Homer. J. Simpson
"Disappointment: the first step on the road to enlightenment" Buddha
"Enlightenment: the first step on the road to ambition" Dalai Lama
KDK 320F
HDK 443E
TFD 47G
PKV 375
I unidentified Ex Race Cooper S Bodyshell
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Sadly following the wafer thin majority of my country people who made the monumentally stupid decision to leave the EU we are only just beginning to see the massive ball ache that this will have for years to come.

Those people who are in the EU receiving items from the UK at least have the consolation that they haven't deliberately tried to cut themselves off from the rest of the world.

Mark F
General dogsbody.
mullerm

Post by mullerm »

Totally agree Mark and i think there is worse to come !
MiNiKiN

Post by MiNiKiN »

trevorhp wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:27 pm Please try Transglobal express they are big and seem to have it sorted.
:?:
Thanks, but it seems I am bound to the delivery services offered by the vendors. Aint I?

Politeness and "no politics rules" prevent me from expressing my opinion on leave matters ;)
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Politeness and "no politics rules" prevent me from expressing my opinion on leave matters.

Happily it doesn't prevent me. At the time I thought it was the most monumentally stupid, self defeating, retarded thing that we could possibly have done. It was driven by a bunch of self interested attention seekers & trouble makers who never gave a shit about what happened to the majority of the population. They were only interested in hearing crowds cheer their name.

Our voting to leave was driven by similar issues as those that brought Trump to power, the only difference is that the Yanks could vote Trump out, we are stuck with this fiasco FOREVER!

Yes, I know I'm bitter that it happened & yes I do have a few good friends who voted to leave. My opinion won't change, but neither have I ever let opinions get in the way of friendships.

Winston Churchill was right when he advocated a "United States Of Europe" after WW2, it's a damn shame that us leaving was driven by a bunch of cynical bastards who were constantly quoting him.
Mark F
General dogsbody.
UHR850

Post by UHR850 »

:x A parcel was sent to me on the 5th of january from the UK to the Netherland by the Royal Mail. :| Still nothing :!:

Kees.
DOWNTON Mini is what I like a lot.
Collecting 60th wooden steeringwheels.
Andrew1967
Location: Usually in my garage on the east coast of Norfolk, UK

Post by Andrew1967 »

Without getting into an argument over Brexit, which is pointless as it's done, rightly or wrongly.

If I'm honest Mark, the people who piss me off the most over the Brexit debacle are the 1/3rd who didnt bother to vote.

The reason 'I didnt vote because I didnt get enough information to make an informed choice....'. That's a piss poor excuse. Anyone with common sense, if not given enough information (credible or not) to make a decision to CHANGE, should do the sensible thing and vote NOT TO CHANGE.

It's that simple.

It would only have taken 1 million out of around 16 million of those who didnt vote, to swing it for the remain camp.