Hamilton & Mercedes Situation

A section dedicated to non Mini related conversations that some members may find disturbing, worrying or offensive. If you are likely to be troubled by non Classic car related content, I would suggest you avoid!
floormanager

Re: Hamilton & Mercedes Situation

Post by floormanager »

Luigi64 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:14 pm I’m a little late to the party.

I’ve worked with the guy for 7 years, he is definitely something special. His knowledge of car systems and set up changes etc is incredible.

As a team we’ve worked incredibly hard in many areas outside of the normal ‘engineering’ stuff to get to where we are and operate in the way that we do and personally I honestly think that plays a part in why our car is one of the best ever built and how we’ve managed to keep winning.

Lewis’s antics off track aren’t something I want to comment on. But before anyone asks, I have no idea what’s happening with his contract but I think if he wasn’t going to sign it would have been done by now... I hope!
Well, let me congratulate you not only on your continued success but also the choice of car for your hobby :D :D
Seriously, you must be immensely proud of your achievements year in year out. Whatever people say about Lewis (and I not a fan), his driving has been sublime since Rosberg left the team and the Mercedes car and engine has been pure class for the last 6+ years. I doff my cap to you Sir and your colleagues (I've always been a Niki fan RIP)

Paul
Luigi64

Post by Luigi64 »

mk1coopers wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:05 pm

I’ve worked with the guy for 7 years, he is definitely something special. His knowledge of car systems and set up changes etc is incredible.

As a team we’ve worked incredibly hard in many areas outside of the normal ‘engineering’ stuff to get to where we are and operate in the way that we do and personally I honestly think that plays a part in why our car is one of the best ever built and how we’ve managed to keep winning.

Lewis’s antics off track aren’t something I want to comment on. But before anyone asks, I have no idea what’s happening with his contract but I think if he wasn’t going to sign it would have been done by now... I hope!
I wish there were more companies out there that would follow your way of working, I should imagine it's largely based upon the attitudes of the people who you work with from the top to the bottom, from the outside it seems as if it's all about learning from mistakes (without a blame culture), constantly improving systems and having a very positive attitude no matter what is happening / has happened, I'm looking forward to 8 out of 8 this year, if the others want to catch you they need to work harder :D (though I will spare a thought for Red Bull as we know the Horners have some Mini's that used to belong to quite a popular band :lol: )

Very much correct, we are quite strict on the no blame culture. We deal in facts. We have an incredible robust feedback system which we record every problem from on car possible stoppages down to possible process changes or even missing tooling/equipment out of calibration.

Fingers crossed we can bring another one in, it really helps the mini fund!
Luigi64

Post by Luigi64 »

floormanager wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:17 pm

Well, let me congratulate you not only on your continued success but also the choice of car for your hobby :D :D
Seriously, you must be immensely proud of your achievements year in year out. Whatever people say about Lewis (and I not a fan), his driving has been sublime since Rosberg left the team and the Mercedes car and engine has been pure class for the last 6+ years. I doff my cap to you Sir and your colleagues (I've always been a Niki fan RIP)

Paul

Really appreciate the kind words. A life long dream to get to F1 and 6/7 years of hard work with little reward to get there but it’s definitely worth it now!
Maybe one day when we are back to car shows etc we can arrange a MK1 mini meet in the car park and a good old tour!
floormanager

Post by floormanager »

Luigi64 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:42 pm
Really appreciate the kind words. A life long dream to get to F1 and 6/7 years of hard work with little reward to get there but it’s definitely worth it now!
Maybe one day when we are back to car shows etc we can arrange a MK1 mini meet in the car park and a good old tour!
Now that would be AMAZING!!! Count me in
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Well, it's finally happened.

Lewis has finally signed, poor lad only managed to negotiate a paltry 34.3Million for next season.

Poor love :lol:
Mark F
General dogsbody.
Polarsilver

Post by Polarsilver »

I wonder "IF" the F1 Circus will still be able to jet around the World in 2021.. perhaps the UK Gov latest Travel Rules are designed to help Ferrari Win the F1 Championship in 2021 ;)
mk1coopers

Post by mk1coopers »

Now that I would really enjoy :D