Hamilton & Mercedes Situation

A section dedicated to non Mini related conversations that some members may find disturbing, worrying or offensive. If you are likely to be troubled by non Classic car related content, I would suggest you avoid!
mk1coopers

Re: Hamilton & Mercedes Situation

Post by mk1coopers »

Not going into the whole debate on the rights and wrong of what he does, or his background, he can choose (just like the rest of us) what he wants to do or represent, he just has a bigger platform to influence from, if we don't agree we don't have to support him (or anyone else).

The thing is when does anyone go into a negotiation (or sale of services which is what this is and what we all do if we are employees or contractors) with your lowest number as a starting point, you (Lewis) as the 'seller' has started high, Damiler as the 'buyer' will start low, if all is well hopefully everyone meets in the middle and a deal is done, if one or both of the parties are not happy, no deal.

For all we know he may want to stop now he has matched the record for Championships, or he might want to beat it by one, or get to 10, he may leave F1 and never be heard of again, he may set up a young drivers programme or any of the other things that the sort of welth he has will allow him to do, it's up to him to decide, if there's things I don't agree with I don't support them, I rarely find putting energy into actively disliking them (or it) benefits me.
111Robin

Post by 111Robin »

mk1coopers wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:46 pm I rarely find putting energy into actively disliking them (or it) benefits me.
It doesn't benefit me either but if you can go through life not disliking anyone you're a saint compared with me. It's a free world, we can put energy into disliking who or what we want to.
turbocox

Post by turbocox »

Id still like to continue the f1 chat.

Id love to see max in the same car as Lewis, then we would see who is the better driver.

My view is top 3 in f1 are....

1st. Max v
2nd. Lando n
3rd. Danny r

What’s your thoughts... ???

For the record, earlier I didn’t air my views on Lewis.
mk1coopers

Post by mk1coopers »

111Robin wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:45 pm
mk1coopers wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:46 pm I rarely find putting energy into actively disliking them (or it) benefits me.
It doesn't benefit me either but if you can go through life not disliking anyone you're a saint compared with me. It's a free world, we can put energy into disliking who or what we want to.
Absolutely you can Robin, not saying I don't dislike things / certain people etc, I just (personally) find it better to not focus on the negative side of things, this doesn't mean I won't put all sorts of energy in to challenging something I don't agree with if it's harmful / illegal or just down right wrong :)

Certainly that's why this is normally the only BMC / Mini forum I will look at / post on as all views are accepted and things are discussed rather than it turning into a mud slinging match (and if it starts to go that way it's stopped)

Back on F1

Russell handed Bottas his A**s when he was in the Merc filling in, I doubt if that has helped the negotiations between them and Hamilton as there will be people higher up on the Daimler side that will be using it as a reason to try to strengthen their position, I still think there will be a deal as the long term marketing benefits of being the best and winning the most consecutive Constructors Championships will be foremost in (Daimlers) minds as will becoming a 8 times Champion for Lewis
Supersonic

Post by Supersonic »

turbocox wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:55 pm Id still like to continue the f1 chat.

Id love to see max in the same car as Lewis, then we would see who is the better driver.

My view is top 3 in f1 are....

1st. Max v
2nd. Lando n
3rd. Danny r

What’s your thoughts... ???

For the record, earlier I didn’t air my views on Lewis.
In my opinion the top three drivers are as below not taking their cars into consideration:-

Max Verstappen

Daniel Ricciardo

Lewis Hamilton

The top three cars for this year:-

Mercedes
Red Bull Racing
McLaren

The three other drivers who will pressurise the top three drivers listed above:-

Sergio Perez

Lando Norris

Charles Leclerc
111Robin

Post by 111Robin »

mk1coopers wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:13 pm
Absolutely you can Robin, not saying I don't dislike things / certain people etc, I just (personally) find it better to not focus on the negative side of things, this doesn't mean I won't put all sorts of energy in to challenging something I don't agree with if it's harmful / illegal or just down right wrong :)

Certainly that's why this is normally the only BMC / Mini forum I will look at / post on as all views are accepted and things are discussed rather than it turning into a mud slinging match (and if it starts to go that way it's stopped)

Back on F1

Russell handed Bottas his A**s when he was in the Merc filling in, I doubt if that has helped the negotiations between them and Hamilton as there will be people higher up on the Daimler side that will be using it as a reason to try to strengthen their position, I still think there will be a deal as the long term marketing benefits of being the best and winning the most consecutive Constructors Championships will be foremost in (Daimlers) minds as will becoming a 8 times Champion for Lewis
Sorry, just having a bad day.
Supersonic

Post by Supersonic »

Back on F1

I wouldn’t take it for granted that Hamilton will walk it again this year with ease. Valtteri Bottas had horrible luck last year, so had Max Verstappen. Hamilton had fantastic luck as we all know. Throw in Sergio Perez and Daniel Ricciardo this year and things are looking like Hamilton will earn every win he gets. Red Bull and McLaren will also be stronger this year is my thinking :D :D :D

Alan
Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

Supersonic wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:42 pm

Back on F1

I wouldn’t take it for granted that Hamilton will walk it again this year with ease. Valtteri Bottas had horrible luck last year, so had Max Verstappen. Hamilton had fantastic luck as we all know. Throw in Sergio Perez and Daniel Ricciardo this year and things are looking like Hamilton will earn every win he gets. Red Bull and McLaren will also be stronger this year is my thinking :D :D :D

Alan
Max Verstappen, lots of raw talent with a temperament similar to Martin Schanche.......exciting to watch, capable of winning every time, not too much of a hand grenade, in my very humble opinion
swifty

Post by swifty »

What was hamiltons record like against button when they were in the same team , mclaren ... ken
1963 austin Cooper s mk1 1071
1966 Austin Cooper s mk1 1275
1968 Austin Cooper mk2 998
1962 Morris mini super 850
Porsche 997 turbo S
Ford transit van 280s
iain1967s

Post by iain1967s »

swifty wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:19 pmWhat was hamiltons record like against button when they were in the same team , mclaren ... ken
Hamilton dominated at qualifying, and was the higher placed on total points in 2 of the 3 years. Within each year, the total win and podium counts were close, with Hamilton having a slight edge over Button. Button had higher total points over the 3 years. https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hami ... n/3219323/