Mystery over-rider. Any guesses?

The Home of the Bigger Brothers, BMC 1100s, 1300s, A40s, A35 etc.
Old English White

Mystery over-rider. Any guesses?

Post by Old English White »

I have garage full of old car parts. Mostly BMC. Among it all, whilst searching for something else which I haven't been able to find, I have unearthed a pair of over-riders. I am generally pretty good at recognising bits and pieces but these have me stumped and so I am putting the question out there to all the forum members who, I know, not only have wide knowledge of all things but also enjoy a challenge! They are new/old stock but have no labels or part numbers on them.
No prize I'm afraid other than my gratitude but IF anyone knows what they are from and actually needs a pair, they will be available for a very reasonable price!

It measures 225mm (or a little under 9inches) from top to bottom.
Happy to add further photos if they'll help....

Cheers!
overrider.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

surfblue63

Re: Mystery over-rider. Any guesses?

Post by surfblue63 »

Closest I could find is Hillman Minx Series III

Has any body seen a dog dyed dark green?

Old English White

Thanks Stuart, That looks more than a possibility doesn't it. I've no idea why I'd have anything for a Minx but there is more than a similarity there ;)

Next question. Has anybody got an old Minx which needs some overriders to finish it off nicely :lol:
overrider 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

woodypup59

Post by woodypup59 »

I was wondering if they were Elf or Hornet but it seems not as my pal in York has just had these beauties re-plated.

Old English White

The Elf/Hornet ones look very similar to those on the 1960s Sprite Mk2 and Midget but I know they are different.
They must be hard to get hold of because they are so often missing!

goff

Post by goff »

Old English White , on facebook there a groop called ( Roots Group ) Classic roots cars , i bet they would be interested in those .

Old English White

Thank for that Goff. That might be a useful contact :) . I don't do/understand facebook but somebody younger in the family probably does :oops:
It would be good to find a home for them.

goff

Post by goff »

Old English White , My spelling gets better ( i wrote Roots group instead of the proper name ROOTES group ) I follow them so ill post it up to see if anyone knows of the mk1 forum to take a look at the over riders . I have posted the photos for you Old English White and told them about the mk1 forum on Rootes Group facebook.

Goff

Old English White

Many thanks Goff. That's very decent of you. Cheers, Richard.

111Robin

Post by 111Robin »

This jogged my memory, I thought I had an overrider somewhere but at least it's in a part numbered box, A40, mk2 I think.

Image20200626_105538 by Robin Derrick, on Flickr

Image20200626_105623 by Robin Derrick, on Flickr