Rocker Cover Racer Project

The Home of the Bigger Brothers, BMC 1100s, 1300s, A40s, A35 etc.
Polarsilver

Rocker Cover Racer Project

Post by Polarsilver »

I found a couple of Chrome Rocker Covers in my parts stash & think these would make ideal Rocker Cover Gravity Racers so i make them up with ebay wheels & pleased with the results & then think this is not good enough.. i need to develop & fit proper bearings in my rocker cover wheels. :?
Can i ask has anyone (who has nothing better to do ) developed their spare Mini Rocker Cover into a performance gravity racer & what are their suggestions for free running period look wheels with suitable bearings etc?

For those yet to embark on this sensible project..its a very good way to use up one of your spare Rocker Covers also all those product Decals/Stickers you have collected in past years & will never otherwise use these can be plastered all over your Racer ;)

Important that No A Series Rocker Cover was injured or abused during this project :D

surfblue63

Re: Rocker Cover Racer Project

Post by surfblue63 »

Here's one I made earlier (I think I've posted it before)

I used skateboard trucks and wheels, cutting the cover to give a low look. Also with the filling of the mounting holes on the top and the scallop paint job it has the look of a '50s Lead Sled. Paint was done with rattle cans. The whole project to a week of evenings.

'ad a luv affair wiv Nina, in da back of my Cortina...

Polarsilver

Re: Rocker Cover Racer Project

Post by Polarsilver »

Rocker Cover.JPG

No suspension or brakes but i can use those spare decals. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.