mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:18 pm 

Glacier white wrote:
Alan, as you correctly say i am a long standing member of the 1100 club, but my name is not John and i certainly do not have anything to do with John's collection! In fact, i am not UK based, even though i have met in person a few of the key members of the club.

Demetris

Hello Demetris, sorry about that mix-up my mistake, John has a similar handle :D I'm hoping the 1100 Club revisit John's colllection soon, we had a great time the last time the club were over in Ireland. Put this on your wish list :) :)

Alan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:00 am 

Supersonic wrote:
Welcome to this forum and like Glacier White above I’m a long standing member of the 1100 Club. It is a fabulous club with tremendous people in it, true enthusiasts everyone without doubt. Your new purchase looks very nice indeed. I’ve a friend who has a lovely 1972 Wolseley 18/85 S in Mallard Green or to be correct Green Mallard BLVC.22. I’ve a 1971 very late Mk2 Vanden Plas in Wild Moss Green and a 1966 Riley Kestrel in Arianca Beige over Sandy Beige which I love driving in comparison to my Minis. A visit to Glacier White’s place should be on your bucket list as John has the largest collection of ADO16 cars in the northern hemisphere :D :D

Alan

Thank you. I hope to meet some of the 1100 Club members :)

A Vanden Plas, you're well posh! :o

Yes, indeed, I have seen the colour written down as Green Mallard but I assumed it was a spelling typing error.

Interesting to hear you prefer driving them in comparison to your Minis :) Can you explain why? It's refreshing to hear.

Who is John? Where do he reside? It's not Glacier White. :?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:07 am 

tedmcedd wrote:
Cor!

Lovely Mallard green!

Ochre or limeflower interior!??

Thank you :)

I am told by a local classic car dealer that it is indeed Limeflower :) Took Nutter for a tune up and fettle today and the mechanic spotted the interior straight away and said "Oh, you have Limeflower interior".

Do you have a 1100/1300, tedmcedd?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:52 am 

I've got the chunky GT and MKIII type dash. Fake wood effect. I do prefer the MKI and II dashi, they are a bit more sleeker, but I suppose mine was made in the 70's, so..... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:04 am 

The Minis I own are wet suspension Cooper S cars and in comparison with the 1100 1300 cars they are much more uncomfortable and noisy to drive. The ADO16 with the hydrolastic suspension are much more quiet and gentle to drive.

I bought my Moss Green 1971 Vanden Plas Mk2 in 2011 from the original lady owner who bought it new in December 1971 and kept it 40 years. It has a factory 1293 Fast Road 95 horsepower Spec Oselli package fitted and it is lovely to drive with good manners.

The John I referred to is John Friel who resides at Johnstown, Lusk, County Dublin. As I said John has the largest collection of ADO16s in the northern hemisphere we believe. We all met at John and Kathleen Friel’s house on 27 August 2016 when the 1100 Club did the Ireland Heritage Tour. We all had a great time and I believe it will happen again very soon. John has a nickname Glacier White because it is his favourite colour and he has a Glacier White Mk3 VP and a Mk3 Glacier White Wolseley 1300 and others. That is how I got Demetris mixed up with John on this forum. :lol: :lol:

Alan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:09 pm 

The Mark III was most notable because BLMC replaced the previous self locking bonnet stay with the 'bit of bent wire' from the Mini to save a few quid. :lol:

Teal blue with Limeflower was the best to my eyes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:23 am 

Benaustin 1300
Welcome to the forum and the 1100 club, both are fantastic and full of very handy people to know. Regarding preference , I love my 1300 gt , I have sold my vanden plas but it was a very reliable comfy drive. I have had various minis and do still own one but getting older , the extra few inches of the 1300 makes it a better car for me, if you want to hack about and feel some G force then stick to a mini , it probably puts a bigger smile on your face. either way you will love the 1300 and it does indeed look to be a very nice car.
The GT , being a Morris is a mk 2 and having had mk 3s (some time ago) there is not much difference in them.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:28 pm 

underkut wrote:
Benaustin 1300
Welcome to the forum and the 1100 club, both are fantastic and full of very handy people to know. Regarding preference , I love my 1300 gt , I have sold my vanden plas but it was a very reliable comfy drive. I have had various minis and do still own one but getting older , the extra few inches of the 1300 makes it a better car for me, if you want to hack about and feel some G force then stick to a mini , it probably puts a bigger smile on your face. either way you will love the 1300 and it does indeed look to be a very nice car.
The GT , being a Morris is a mk 2 and having had mk 3s (some time ago) there is not much difference in them.

Thank you, underkut :)

What a pair of beauties!

Yes, I am loving my 1300 right now. It sometimes feels like a Mini, yet with the added space, comfort and bounce! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:25 pm 

Costafortune wrote:
The Mark III was most notable because BLMC replaced the previous self locking bonnet stay with the 'bit of bent wire' from the Mini to save a few quid. :lol:

Teal blue with Limeflower was the best to my eyes.

Ah! I wondered why in youtube videos I saw a few with the automatic locking bonnet stay and my MK3 has not :( Times were hard in the 70's I guess :(

I have learned from another site that going by my dashboard design I have the "Super De-Luxe" model :o Well, I would never have known :lol: The "Deluxe" version has an open upper dash with a central speedo.

My bumpers have been replaced by the previous owner/dealer and I am wondering if mine should have had overriders on the front bumper. Like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUSTIN-1300- ... 7675.l2557

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:04 am 
Site Admin

Adam is bringing our 1300 to Blyton at the weekend.

Not too fast, but SO MUCH FUN!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.