Seaside beauty

The Home of the Bigger Brothers, BMC 1100s, 1300s, A40s, A35 etc.
snoopy64

Seaside beauty

Post by snoopy64 »

Spotted this lovely lady near the beach at Woolacombe!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers

Kevin

Supersonic

Re: Seaside beauty

Post by Supersonic »

snoopy64 wrote:Spotted this lovely lady near the beach at Woolacombe!
That is a very early built Mk2 Wolseley 1100/1300 I can spot :D

Alan

111Robin

Post by 111Robin »

Good to see one in use at this time of year. Took advantage of the the mild dry weather yesterday and took mine out for a spin.

Image20181231_142355 (1) by Robin Derrick, on Flickr

Supersonic

Post by Supersonic »

Nice weather over here as well Robin, good to get them out. Kevin, having repeater lights indicates this is a Mk2 but look at the rear quarter light surround. It has the corner fillet of the Mk1. It could be a Mk1 with repeater lights fitted?

Alan

snoopy64

Post by snoopy64 »

Yeah... looks like it... it's F reg so maybe enhanced!!

Not really on topic but what are realistic values for good models these days... previously I mentioned my neighbour bought a B reg Princess for £3k with spares this Summer... what could it ever be worth top end??? I'm being strangely drawn myself :)
Cheers

Kevin

Supersonic

Post by Supersonic »

snoopy64 wrote:Yeah... looks like it... it's F reg so maybe enhanced!!

Not really on topic but what are realistic values for good models these days... previously I mentioned my neighbour bought a B reg Princess for £3k with spares this Summer... what could it ever be worth top end??? I'm being strangely drawn myself :)
http://www.thornfalconclassics.com/cars ... px?id=5637

Really nice Vanden Plas, Riley, Wolseley and MG models are getting close to £10k. Look at the attachment, nearly £13k :D

Alan

111Robin

Post by 111Robin »

Supersonic wrote:
snoopy64 wrote:Yeah... looks like it... it's F reg so maybe enhanced!!

http://www.thornfalconclassics.com/cars ... px?id=5637

Really nice Vanden Plas, Riley, Wolseley and MG models are getting close to £10k. Look at the attachment, nearly £13k :D

Alan
This just confuses matters for me. Insurance renewal is coming up and I need to define the value of the Wolseley for the agreed valuation. I wouldn't put mine anywhere near these values, more like 3-4k on a good day and it's a very original low mileage car.