mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:19 pm 

Yes, you read that correctly, our little MG1100 wins (it's class) at the 24 hours of Lemons!

We have been campaigning the MG1100 alongside our Landcrab and Wolseley Hornet for 3 years now. Previous seasons, it has been less than reliable. Brakes boiling, fuel pumps failing, wheel bearings falling apart... Nothing that kept us from finishing, but small problems that kept us out of contention.

This time out, the team eliminated one of the big problem, I couldn't make it to the race because of a commitment to a cyclocross race the same weekend. So with me out of the way, success was inevitable!

To be fair, there were improvements made to the car. It was now sporting SAAB 9000 brake rotors, Toyota truck 4pots and a more suitable final drive.

The team was not without problems, the Saturday session was 8.5 hours and the car had some fueling issues that kept them off the track for a bit, so they were clawing back from well down, but long stints and fast fueling showed them making some headway.

Sunday was my bike race, and I wasn't able to keep track on the race monitor app. To my surprise, when my race was finished and I was able to check, there were 3 C-Class cars in 10th, 11th and 12th place, separated by 3 laps. The 1100 was 12th and closing!

I was glued to the app all afternoon and the race became closer and closer, with the little group even passing faster B and A-class cars. With 20 minutes to go (after 14hours of racing) we were 2nd in class and closing, on the same lap!

We took over the class lead with minutes to spare and ended up 1st in class and 6th overall!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:10 pm 

Superb result, congratulations!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:33 am 
Site Admin

WELL DONE!