mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 3:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: A step too far ?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:11 am 

Metronick wrote:
111Robin wrote:
Unfortunately the Allegro was the first with hydragas and it wasn't fully sorted initially with regards damping. Later versions were much better. A properly gassed system will ride better than a hydrolastic car but over the years the ride deteriorates as the gas pressure reduces. Unfortunately the units can't be regassed without removal and fitting a Schrader valve so over time they just got worse as no one wanted to spend the money on them.

That makes sense, I had an MG Metro with a similar problem.
Fortunately there's a chap in Telford who can regas them,.He did the Metro units and it was transformed into a fine handling/riding car.

Here's the link

http://www.hydragasandhydrolasticservic ... rvice.html

That's right, I know about Ian and Dawn, they're doing great business keeping a lot of hydrolastic/hydragas cars on the road.

Post subject: Re: A step too far ?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:17 am 

rich@minispares.com wrote:
goff wrote:
rich@minispares.com wrote:
my dad used to have an allegro back in the day, he bought it as a LHD and converted it to RHD

its the only car that I have ever got repeatedly and ruthlessly car sick in - it was horrific

it had a vinyl roof that someone slashed and as kids we used to peel bits off it, which drove my dad round the bend, it looked like it had leprosy :lol:

its only claim to fame is that its steering column ended up in that V8 powered red mini van

Rich wrote " The only car i got repeatedly and ruthlessly car sick in " :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was no joke, I used to absolutely spew my ring up. It would give me horrific migraines.

Heap of shit. The day the clutch packed up on it and my dad gave up on it was a good day!

:lol: :lol: :lol: They made sick just looking at them :lol: :lol: :lol: Were did the the name Allegro come from ?

Just google it , Get ready :o :o : A tempo meaning ,to play fast ,Quickly and Bright , Brisk , Rapid Tempo , No wonder BL/ Rover went bust :lol: :lol: :lol: